SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Attention: Kel-Tec Sub2000 Owners
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attention: Kel-Tec Sub2000 Owners Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
MCARBO has come out with a taller new flip up rear iron sight that addresses the issues that many of us have with trying to get a good sight picture.

https://www.mcarbo.com/kel-tec...tactical-sights.aspx

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"•Aluminum Folding Sights are .060" taller over short factory plastic sights!"

Six one-hundredth of an inch?

Webpage editing error?

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
"•Aluminum Folding Sights are .060" taller over short factory plastic sights!"

Six one-hundredth of an inch?

Webpage editing error?

Sixty thousandth of an inch or very close to 1/16 of an inch. 1/16 = .0625.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
That's got to be a mistake as I watched a YouTube of the MCARBO owner showing off the new sight and the peep hole is at least a half inch higher than the stock one. Did they mean to say "0.60" taller? As in six tenths of an inch higher?

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
The website says .60". That guy sure is animated, isn't he?

I've got a Glock model and haven't had a problem with the sight other than feeling like it will break because of it being cheap plastic.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Replaced my gen1 rear sight long ago with the Tandemkross "eagle eye" and the Red lion front sight. TK also has an updated sight similar to the Mcarbo:
https://www.tandemkross.com/-E...ub2000-V2_p_177.html

Personally I think the solution is an additional extention on the bottom of the buttstock to still allow shoulder support but raise the buffer tube in line with the cheek. The gen 2 did several things but still did not address the awkward sight alignment.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would you not have to replace/raise if possible the front sight if you are raising the rear sight that much?

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bustabuddy:
Why would you not have to replace/raise if possible the front sight if you are raising the rear sight that much?

One would have to raise it as listed on the linked page in the OP's post.

"You will have to quickly re-zero and make a minor height adjustment to your front sight post. It will be well within the operating range of the factory front sight."

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bustabuddy:

The front sight post on the Sub2000 adjusts up and down like a standard M-16/AR-15 front sight post.