SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG716 upper on a DPMS LR308 lower?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG716 upper on a DPMS LR308 lower? Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
Will this work?
I know standardization in the 308 market isn’t what it is in the AR15 world.

Edited because the first post made no sense!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hudr,

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. Spacing of the takedown pins is different, 716 is non-standard.

Posts: 221 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Most AR10's won't interchange between manufacturers ... I've owned a Stoner SR25, DPMS LR-308, SiG 716 DMR and finally, a Spikes Jack 308 receiver set and you couldn't mix and match any of the uppers & lowers.

Fortunately most manufacturers have settled on the SR25 mag design (also known as the DPMS pattern, but they just copied Stoners design) Pins, detents and fire control are the same too. Barrels will fit most uppers (except the SiG from what I understand) also bolts need to be bought from the barrel manufacturer, or you have to sent the bolt to the makers to ensure proper headspace

Since the 10 hasn't been standardized like the AR-15 manufacturers are free to do what they want.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
I've got a PSA PA10 GEN 2 and a Dpms Lr 308 and they won't interchange either. It's a shame they aren't milspec like the AR15.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badcopnodonut!!:
I've got a PSA PA10 GEN 2 and a Dpms Lr 308 and they won't interchange either. It's a shame they aren't milspec like the AR15.

That's the problem, there is no milspec because the military has never specified one ... While Armalite produced them for foreign militaries and the US military has purchased KAC SR-25's the AR10 has never been put out for a open military contract, which is where the "military spec's" come from.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post