SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Need a new trigger for rem700
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a new trigger for rem700 Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted
My factory trigger sucks balls.

What say ye?

The only experience I have with aftermarket triggers is a CMC for my AR.

This bolt rifle will be for target shooting, not hunting.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11244 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to beat a Timney.

https://www.timneytriggers.com...acement-trigger.aspx

Shop around for best price don't buy straight from Timney. They have to charge MSRP lest they piss off their resellers.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Timney triggers are nice and easy to install, you might look at a trigger tech too.

I put a timney into my Winchester 70 and it took all of ~10 minutes from start to finish.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Timney's aren't bad but Triggertechs are a whole new level of crisp. Buy a Triggertech, they aren't that expensive.........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Geissele just release a new trigger for the Remington 700; allows the user to switch between single-stage or 2-stage.

https://www.brownells.com/rifl...gers-prod114411.aspx

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Timney Calvin Elite.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have tuned Remington triggers. They are older Remy triggers, possibly from the 40X era. A talented 'smith can make the old triggers work really, really well. I don't know if that can be done with the newer Remy triggers.

Jewel makes a nice feeling trigger, but they are legend for crapping out with a small piece of sand or dirt at the wrong time. Jewel triggers tend to be set to pull weights in the ounces, which I think is a little too light.

The few Timneys I've shot on other people's guns felt really nice.

Geissele is worth a look. I've heard good things about Trigger Tech.

Posts: 7851 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Geissele just release a new trigger for the Remington 700; allows the user to switch between single-stage or 2-stage.

https://www.brownells.com/rifl...gers-prod114411.aspx

I wonder when these will be released? Right now it just says Pre-order. I'll try a couple when they are out.........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Timney Calvin Elite.

This

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put a Timney in mine, just wonderful compared to the crappy OEM "adjustable" trigger.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Timney has been good for me in several remlins I have owned for decades.
I own one old bdl that has the standard factory and I was able to tune it .
Got it like I liked and coated the screws with nail polish for safety.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Geissele fo me! Of course I would use a Timney also. ANYTHING other than original triggers!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been happy with the Timneys, but on the last few builds I've used Trigger Tech and have been delighted, especially with the click adjustments.

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
If its strictly a target gun it's hard to beat a Jewel Trigger. There is nothing better, but they need to be clean and I would not use one in a hunting rifle. If you want an all around good trigger I'd stick with a Timney.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DamageInc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
Timney's aren't bad but Triggertechs are a whole new level of crisp. Buy a Triggertech, they aren't that expensive.........dj

I have a Triggertech and Timney in ARs, and the Triggertech is far superior. It's not even close. I have a Timney in a Rem 700, and have tried a Triggertech in a 700, and they are very, very close in performance...but the Timney is substantially less expensive.

Posts: 3412 | Registered: June 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
So I ordered the Timney Calvin Elite today....

the wait for the brown truck of love begins

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11244 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Jewell is on my 5R but like what others said Timney and Triggertech also good second choices.

Posts: 22854 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
What's the preference?

TriggerTech, Primary, Special, or Diamond.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've got an older 700 VSSM in 308 and had bought a Timminy for it probably 15-18 years ago (I'd replaced because of the safety issue, long before the recall) ... then a couple years ago I bought a VSSM in 223 and because I can't shoot the 308 anymore I moved the Timminy over to the 223 and put the original trigger back in the 308.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Any replacement trigger will keep you from shooting yourself with the factory trigger while taking it off safe. I've replaced everyone of my 700 triggers for this reason alone.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8197 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post