SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New PWS MK1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New PWS MK1 Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Well I needed another AR like a hole in the head, but a deal presented itself on a MK1 Mod2 I could not pass up. I've never owned or even shot a piston AR prior to this one, but I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Being able to adjust the gun for shooting with a suppressor is great.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I like that it comes with the BCM furniture.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
BUIS is about all it's lacking.

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:

Magazine & Ammo too Wink

Maybe a light and suppressor if you want to get fancy.

No forward assist?

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
PWS did away with the forward assist on the Mod 2 guns. The also added a couple of other things like the ratcheting endplate, the PicMod rail, and the ZEV trigger.

I've got a Mk107 and a Mk111 in NFA limbo at the moment. Hopefully have them out by Christmas.

OP, your Mk116 looks awesome! Makes me want one!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:

Magazine & Ammo too Wink

Maybe a light and suppressor if you want to get fancy.

No forward assist?

Now your just getting picky! An Omega, a Saker, two boxes full of Pmags/Lancers and a "few" rounds are just out of sight Big Grin

@Mike S, thank you! Yours will be worth the wait.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nice! Cool
I'm always a sucker for nice long handguard on an AR.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Nice! Cool
I'm always a sucker for nice long handguard on an AR.

Long it is! My other AR's are sbr's, this 16" barrel feels like it's a mile long.

posted Hide Post
Very nice! I've been thinking about getting a Mod 2. Aesthetically it's very pleasing. I've never owned a piston AR neither, but I've heard nothing but great things about PWS.

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
No forward assist?

Great isn't it?

Disabled combat vet

Posts: 1409 | Location: WY | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
My Mk114 Mod2 has been flawless to date. Dunno what's happened to that so far vaporware ZEV trigger that PWS promised when I bought the gun (I believe it came with a BCM trigger in its place). The SSA-E that I bought and put in after getting tired of waiting fits the character and quality of the gun spot on.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
I don't have experience with the Mod2's but I have the Mk114 Mod1 and Mk220 Wraith and both have been tack driving, reliable weapons.

They are the only piston AR's I will own. Unless of course I come across a deal I can't pass up on a SCAR...

1 Sam. 15:28

Posts: 313 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I dig my MK114

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PR64,

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I bought a Mk116 Mod 1P upper and snapped it on an LMT lower I had. It's awesome. I also added the PWS lightweight buffer tube with ratcheting lock nut and it is pretty good so far.

I think the PWS piston system is the best out there. I have a Colt 6940P also but I like the PWS system better.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Nice stuff!

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post