SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    surfing around today - saw this deal on AR mags
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

surfing around today - saw this deal on AR mags Login/Join 
posted
not affiliated with this vendor in any way...

if you are in the market - Okay brand mags $9.99 plus free shipping

pretty much the best aluminum mags IMO available in grey dryfilm and black teflon

https://www.44mag.com/product/...ound/okay-industries

----------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Okay industries" at least the company that made these set their standards low lol. I'm just playing I'm sure these mags are fine I just think it's a funny thing to name your company.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
"Okay industries" at least the company that made these set their standards low lol. I'm just playing I'm sure these mags are fine I just think it's a funny thing to name your company.

It is an odd name for a manufacturer. Nonetheless, Okay has been the OEM for Colt for decades. And I believe LMT and KAC too.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Lots of OK military mags too.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
OKAY Industries is using the SureFeed name for the commercial market.

That's my Cliff Clavin moment in this thread. Big Grin

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

How long have you owned ARs?

Okay has been manufacturing USGI spec magazines for 30+ years.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Protect Your Nuts
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. Picked up some this morning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"deserves" ain't got nothin to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2695 | Location: VA, mostly | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
Okay is my go to - thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:

yep,

and no issues, no drama with them either,
they work fine,

some of mine are likely 30+yrs old still going strong

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
These are the same magazines Colt uses as OEM, except that the Surefeeds are superior, in that they use a Magpul follower. The only other differences are roll markings on the floorplate and one side of the magazine body.

You can trust your life to these magazines. I do.

I watched 44mag.com for a while. These mags were 12.50 for a while, and when they dropped to 9.99, I bought a few more.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Shucks, I thought I was doing pretty well at 12.50 per

time to stack a few more deep, per the boss' orders

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
quote:

yep,

and no issues, no drama with them either,
they work fine,

some of mine are likely 30+yrs old still going strong

It was a joke. The name of of the company is Okay, as in ok, not great, not bad...just ok. He made a funny.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have the straight 20 rounders too, which are the ones that are a little hard to come by.

Straight 20's are awesome.

Posts: 221 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slare:
They have the straight 20 rounders too, which are the ones that are a little hard to come by.

Thanks. That put me over the edge and ordered some of both.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
Got mine today, I was skeptical they would be Surefeed since the listing just says Okay. Surefeed magazines with the Magpul follower, in fantastic condition. Hopefully this price will be the norm for these mags because I will buy them every time. I recommend anyone who has any money set aside for magazines to load up at this price.

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
quote:
Originally posted by Slare:

Thanks. That put me over the edge and ordered some of both.

Do the 20 rounders have Magpul followers?

Edit: I guess I will find out, I couldn't resist.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Got 5 on the way, thanks for the heads up.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:

Straight 20s do not require MP followers as tilting is not generally an issue with straight 20s.

Also, because of the way older 20 round straight magazines retained their floorplates, MP followers would not fit into the body. Basically, the spring clip that retained the floor plate blocked the MP follower from being inserted into the magazine.

An unmodified MP follower in a 20 would be problematic even if you could fit it in. 1) because there is less room in the magazine for the legs in a 20 than a 30 (MP followers were designed for 30 round magazines), and 2) because the floorplate of a 20 is not perpendicular to the base of the magazine, so if wanted anti-tilt legged styled follower, you'd have to have a short leg in the front and a tall leg in the back. With two equally long legs you might actually be able to induce tilting (follower could tilt to the rear creating a bolt-over-base malfunction).

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DSG grey Teflon with Magpul follower $99 for 10.
Every few months on sale for $79.

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by David W:

Straight 20s do not require MP followers as tilting is not generally an issue with straight 20s.

Also, because of the way older 20 round straight magazines retained their floorplates, MP followers would not fit into the body. Basically, the spring clip that retained the floor plate blocked the MP follower from being inserted into the magazine.

An unmodified MP follower in a 20 would be problematic even if you could fit it in. 1) because there is less room in the magazine for the legs in a 20 than a 30 (MP followers were designed for 30 round magazines), and 2) because the floorplate of a 20 is not perpendicular to the base of the magazine, so if wanted anti-tilt legged styled follower, you'd have to have a short leg in the front and a tall leg in the back. With two equally long legs you might actually be able to induce tilting (follower could tilt to the rear creating a bolt-over-base malfunction).

Thanks for the lesson LDD, I had no idea about the different floor plates or any of that. If I would not have seen this post I would have tried to add Magpul followers and had lots of problems I'm sure.

I received my 20 rounders, these are the first metal 20 rounders I have. I like Magpul 20s so I'm guessing I will like these as well. They are slightly lighter than the Magpuls too.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post