SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    M1A Socom Scope
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M1A Socom Scope Login/Join 
Picture of TAP
posted
Looking for all opinions.
I have a Socom and will be putting a 'scope' on it. By scope I mean either a scout mounted scope or a red dot.
I will not be firing this rifle beyond 100yds, so what would be the best option, in everyones opinion?
I was thinking of the Burris Scout Scope, but it is rather bulky for what is intended to be a light quick shooting rifle. Would a small mil dot red dot sight be a better option?
Use is for range and plinking, no hunting.
Thanks

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
Aimpoint T1

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an Aimpoint on mine.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was thinking of the Burris Scout Scope,

I put that scope on one of my M-1,that is a cats meow.
Love that setup.
I had to go thru hell to get the right base that replace the upper hand guard

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaycat:
Aimpoint T1

This is what I have on my SOCOM.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Burris Scout on my SOCOM. Used to have an Aimpoint Pro. I know you are only talking 100yrds, but the Burris made me much more confident on a Texas Hog hunt out to 200 or so yards.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I have the Burris on mine and like it but if I had it to do over I'd go with tbe Leupold.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
I have the Burris on mine and like it but if I had it to do over I'd go with tbe Leupold.

Which Leupold? Thanks

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TAP:
quote:

Which Leupold? Thanks

I had a Scout FXII(fixed 2 power) on my SOCOM and a 1.5-5 Scout on my 18in Scout Squad. If you go that route let me know, I have one for sale. You can try before you buy Smile

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TAP:
quote:

Which Leupold? Thanks

They make a scout scope similar to the Burris, don't recall the model designation.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the Leupold scout scope on my Marlin 1895. My 1895 for me is a 100 yard carbine. The scout scope makes sense at shorter ranges. The 7.62 M1A, even in the 16" SOCOM, would be wasted if restricted to 100 yards.

The SOCOM is a fun rifle, but it's heavy compared to many rifles.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post