SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    If you ever thought about getting a 10/22 Takedown
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you ever thought about getting a 10/22 Takedown Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
Now is a good time.

They can now be found off the shelf with the Magpul stock, 4 mags, and fiberoptic irons.

Just like mom used to make.

They don't come with the nice bag the regular ones do, at least the one I bought didn't. But, I'd say that they're a bargain, compared to buying a regular one for sure.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
now THATS a good way to store spare mags
does the non takedown stock do that?

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
No, the regular ruger stock does not. I think Magpul offers a non-takedown version of this stock, then yes.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
My takedown is just a regular takedown.

Great rifle.

I wish it held mags like that.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Arc, what’s the part number for that model?

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I don't know, but I know my gunshop now stocks these, they are a factory model.

Arc.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've got a stainless takedown tactical carbine and stainless T/D pistol that I've seriously been thinking about SBR-ing ... I really like the idea of the 10" barrel on a receiver with the stainless folding stock ... Add a suppressor and optic and I think it would be a pretty cool package.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
Arc, what’s the part number for that model?

Talo exclusive.

https://ruger.com/products/102...pecSheets/21188.html

Also available in stainless:

Davidson's exclusive.

https://ruger.com/products/102...pecSheets/21182.html

Or with an OD Green stock:

Sports South exclusive.

https://ruger.com/products/102...pecSheets/31101.html

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Hmm...I may have to ring up my rep at SS to get a few of those OD ones for the shop.

I've got two 11100s that I don't use; I think one of these stocks might have me reconsider at least changing one of them up some. A new barrel might be a possibility, too. Maybe sending the receiver out for some contrasting Mud Brown Cerakote madness.

Yeesh, another project to pile on all of the uncompleted ones I already have.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
More takedown love.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I looked up prices, and they're about $75-100 more than a base 10/22 Takedown. That's pretty good considering the Magpul X-22 Backpacker stock by itself sells for $100. The three extra mags and fiber optic sights makes it very attractive.

I've been wanting a Backpacker stock for my 10/22, but I find it hard to justify when I can get a good used Marlin 60 or 795 for $100.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
I've been wanting a Backpacker stock for my 10/22, but I find it hard to justify when I can get a good used Marlin 60 or 795 for $100.

True. A used Marlin .22 is tough to beat for cheap fun. Toss on a set of $70 Tech Sights and it's even better, while still being under $200.

A still have my old Glenfield 60 (a department store version of the Marlin 60, with a cheaper wood stock), which was my first rimfire rifle.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
More takedown love.

Super sick, I need this.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
how much was it Arc?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
$450 OTD here in MA.

Arc.

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thx and congrats.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I picked one up to play with at the LGS today. Does anyone make buttstock spacers? That LOP feels pretty short to me. The pistol grip isn't the most comfortable either, but that's not necessarily a deal breaker.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I picked one up to play with at the LGS today. Does anyone make buttstock spacers? That LOP feels pretty short to me. The pistol grip isn't the most comfortable either, but that's not necessarily a deal breaker.

Does anyone make buttstock spacers for the Magpul stock?

I can't think who you might contact to ask...

Arc.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Magpul Backpacker stock doesn't have the ability to use spacers (short of custom fabricating something). However, you can install a thicker buttpad that adds 3/8" to the LOP:
https://www.magpul.com/product...nced-rubber-butt-pad

But if you don't need the "rifle breaks down and stores inside itself" feature of the Magpul Backpacker stock, Magpul also makes a Hunter stock for the Takedown 10/22, which incorporates removable buttstock spacers, and also has a different grip profile. This might be more your style.
https://www.magpul.com/product...ruger-10-22-takedown

You can get Takedown 10/22s from the factory with this Magpul Hunter stock and fiber optic sights installed. They just won't come with the 3 extra mags like the Backpacker package deals do.

Stainless: https://ruger.com/products/102...pecSheets/21183.html

Blued: https://ruger.com/products/102...pecSheets/21189.html

Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
quote:

FYI, just in case you're not aware, the Ruger takedown target model and takedown lite have a modular stock whereby you can change the LOP and comb height. 4 different combos.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post