SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who do we like for M1 Carbine mags?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who do we like for M1 Carbine mags? Login/Join 
posted
Looking for some mil-surp 15 rounders to feed mine, who do we like for these? Thanks.

EDIT: If anybody has one or two mil-surp 15's they would sell feel free to email me as well. Thanks guys.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Browse gun shows and gun shop “junk boxes” the most reliable by far in my experience are usgi 15 round

Posts: 3267 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
I've had no problems with the Korean KCI mags. I've shot hundreds of rounds using these mags. I have a collection of GI mags and they work just as good as the KCI mags and vice versa.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/kc...-round-magazine.html

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarandGuy:
I've had no problems with the Korean KCI mags. I've shot hundreds of rounds using these mags. I have a collection of GI mags and they work just as good as the KCI mags and vice versa.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/kc...-round-magazine.html

Ditto this. never one problem with KCI mags.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
KCI mags work better than GI mags in my rifles. I've replaced springs etc. and GI mags just aren't very good for these.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3180 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always stuck with GI mags other than some of the aftermarket 30 rounds. Some of the aftermarket 30's work well and some not so well.

Posts: 932 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a khar m1 carbine. It likes the khar mags. I only have 3. When i had an old universal and an old Winchester i used gi mags. They preferred the straight 15 rounders over the bent 25's.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the KCI mags, never had any issues. My GI mags are usually gtg but some have a hard time retaining the floor plate.

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rlex
posted Hide Post
I have six 15 round KCI mags for the range - never had an issue. I have a lot of USGI mags but save them.

Retired US Naval Officer - Surface Warfare

Posts: 34 | Location: VT | Registered: April 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blfuller
posted Hide Post
Any USGI would be fine.

Posts: 229 | Location: Eastern Washington State (dry side) | Registered: May 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post