SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    The BEST 100 yard 5 shot group I haver ever shot in my 65 years...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The BEST 100 yard 5 shot group I haver ever shot in my 65 years... Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz: Easiest way to measure center to center, without having to guess at true center, is to measure outside edge to the same outside edge at the other end.

Actually, center-to-center is easiest measured from the outside edge of one bullet to inside edge of the farthest bullet

Well, you're right, of course, and that's what I was trying to say, but not very well. Smile I wasn't thinking of it as a "group", but just two independent holes. Use the same edge on both holes.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
this is another pic I took after I sighted the scope in before I shot at the orange sticky spot...and yes, I will agree that the stars lined up just right Big Grin...that's a 3" black sticker

There's an old adage of "aim small, miss small". This is likely one reason the group for the 1" paster is relatively tight.

A second reason is likely the color of target versus your scope's reticle. A black reticle can get lost in a 3" black paster.

Your impacts on the 3" paster are generally in the lower half. Combined with the low impacts on the orange paster, I suspect your scope's point of aim needs to come up a little. Assuming you want to zero at this distance with the Norma ammo.

Based on the impacts on the 3" paster, I suspect the Norma is consistently more of a 1.5+ MOA load for your rifle. Well, unless you continue to bang out 3/4 MOA groups with that ammo. But anyway, 1.5 to 2 MOA performance from FMJ ammo is actually pretty good.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Nice Groups but just think how much better they will be when you hit 85 years. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting!!

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post