SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    How feasable is using a Benelli M2 Tactical for Turkey
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How feasable is using a Benelli M2 Tactical for Turkey Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted
hunting. Of course I would need a plug to limit rounds and I have a turkey choke that I could use with it. Reason I'm asking is that I can mount a red dot on the Picatinny rail and make my aiming easier than my Super Nova.. It has an 18 inch barrel.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Dont see why it woudlnt work. I run an 18in Mossberg in the blind and a 22in Benelli Vinci whn Im moving around on foot.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problem at all. Just get the right choke tube.
Remember that the barrel is crio finished so you'll need that kind of choke if you aren't going to use the full choke it comes with

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
As long as you wear lots of nylon and Velcro, it should be fine. Maybe add a plate carrier, just to be on the safe side. Tactical Turkey! Wink

No, seriously...it sounds like a good setup.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should be good to go with the plug and a choke. No different than the M2 Field Shotgun model fitted with a red dot. Barrel length would be the biggest difference, other than the tactical look.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely. I've been known to carry my M4 on days when I am doing a lot of walking/crawling/stalking. Key is finding choke and load that gives you a good pattern at your comfortable, ethical range.

Posts: 477 | Location: FL | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TampaSIG:
ethical range.

Seems like 50 is the new 30

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Thanks all Smile

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Get the correct choke and be sure to pattern the gun + load combo that you're using at the various expected ranges.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i used to run an 18 1/2 barrel with full turkey choke on a mossy 500 for turkeys. just curious is it colorado law to plug your shotgun for turkeys? that would be the first time i've heard of that!

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Usually 3 rds max in a shotgun here in Co for hunting, Will check thou for turkey.

posted Hide Post
In Colorado, turkey restrictions are 10ga only, 3 rounds max including chamber, #2 shot or smaller.

http://cpw.state.co.us/Documen.../Brochure/turkey.pdf

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post