SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Help With Possible AR Purchase
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help With Possible AR Purchase Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
https://palmettostatearmory.co...ontent=12%3a00+Email

$369 for an upper with Geissele rail and M249 CHF FN barrel.

Find a lower for $100 and you’re good to go.

Correction: it’s a PSA rail but still nice.

That doesn't have a BCG/CH, or an LPK/LBK, so it would take a whole lot more than $100 to turn that into a rifle.

Yes, thanks. I was in a hurry. If you add a BCG, CH, and a complete lower and can do that for $200 you’re still under $600 - which was sort of the point. Depending on the bcg and CH you choose, you might get close to that price. Regardless, that’s a nice upper. I have several.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
OP do you have a specific purpose that you want to fill with an AR?

That would help me make a recommendation.

I am fairly new to AR's. I do currently have a Colt AR15 in 9mm, but I'm thinking of getting one in 5.56/223.
I don't want to just get one to have one.
Would like something that would be as accurate at 100-200 yards, as I can afford.
I am considering trading into a used one rather than coming out of pocket.
If I were to buy I would want to keep it under $700.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
OP do you have a specific purpose that you want to fill with an AR?

That would help me make a recommendation.

I am fairly new to AR's. I do currently have a Colt AR15 in 9mm, but I'm thinking of getting one in 5.56/223.
I don't want to just get one to have one.
Would like something that would be as accurate at 100-200 yards, as I can afford.
I am considering trading into a used one rather than coming out of pocket.
If I were to buy I would want to keep it under $700.

Market is extremely soft right now. Used wont save you much. Check out the Larue Tactical ultimate upper kits for about $700.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post