SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    optics for a Tavor x95
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

optics for a Tavor x95 Login/Join 
posted
I finally found someone to ship my Tavor X95 to to my state.

I know people have them on the forum, what optics are you using.

I have a couple of week wait as the have to pin and weld the barrel for a brake to be legal here.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I'm happy with the aimpoint PRO on mine.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post

I decided to keep mine kosher and put a Meprolight on it.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Tavor's One is the IAI version with the original Meprolight, I have an Aimpoint M4 with magnifier on the other.

For a shorter range rifle I think the original multi-luminated Meprolight is pretty darn good but realistically I think any quality red dot sight would be suitable. Maybe a low powered optic too but IMHO Tavor's are closer in quick handling, quick reaction rifles so a Red Dot with a quick acquired dot or chevron is optimum.

On the original versions the Geisselle trigger and trigger bow are an ENORMOUS change! Went from a 9-11 lb creepy trigger to a crisp match grade trigger. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Just FWIW my IAI version Tavor I also have the original magnifier. Don't waste your money unless you are a collector. It's hard to not get wacked in the forehead every shot as the eye relief is short. Buy the railed version if you want to run a magnified optic.........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post