SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Winchester / Miroku 1873 Winchester
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester / Miroku 1873 Winchester Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
I've been shooting Uberti Winchester 1873 rifles for Cowboy Action for years. A few years ago, Winchester working with their partner, Miroku in Japan started making "real" Winchesters 1873's again.

I was coveting them and finally found one that has had a "short stroke" and replacement one piece firing pin installed already.

Here is the "Before" image. I've got a custom stock cover ordered and a lever wrap. It's going to get an action job, and will, one day, get laser engraving on the forearm.

DSCN2301 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
What cartridge is it chambered for?

Nice looking gun, BTW, and congratulations on the find.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
What cartridge is it chambered for?

Nice looking gun, BTW, and congratulations on the find.

.357 / .38 Special

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's looks more "Winchester" like the way the stock is finished compared to the way Uberti finishes their wood. Question: Who manufactures that replacement one piece firing pin? Sounds like a good thing to replace and fortunately one is available to make the change.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
It's looks more "Winchester" like the way the stock is finished compared to the way Uberti finishes their wood. Question: Who manufactures that replacement one piece firing pin? Sounds like a good thing to replace and fortunately one is available to make the change.

I'm not sure Kaschi, it came with it. Perhaps Pioneer Gun Works. They show it on their page: http://www.pioneergunworks.com/winchester-rifle-parts

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Rolan, Outstanding...and congrats on that rifle Smile Smile Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. I love the 357 models the most. They have a good punch but it is not on your shoulder.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Perfect Rolan, well done!

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice! And .357 to boot....that's gonna be a sweet shooter!

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Ohhh, man, Rolan. I'm turning green here.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the link Rolan. I just checked it out.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post