SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Beretta 1301 Tactical - Blocker removal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 1301 Tactical - Blocker removal Login/Join 
posted
Recently picked up my 1301 Tactical, so is this blocker I need to remove to be able get two more shells to feed in (total 4)? Has a spring inside the tube.

https://photos.google.com/phot...1grnjSBro5OBrZA5EuXc

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ubWzdBtLoDY2hQJh1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rpm2010,

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You picture link gave me an error (yes I signed in to google).

It's easy to do. I removed mine at the range. I was like why in the hell is this in a TACTICAL shot gun....

Posts: 1218 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:
You picture link gave me an error (yes I signed in to google).

It's easy to do. I removed mine at the range. I was like why in the hell is this in a TACTICAL shot gun....

Added another link. Yeah, something about having to comply with some regulation so it wouldn't be classified a "tactical" weapon or something like that although it's marketed that way. But they import tons of 92F guns without having the mags only hold two rounds. Funny logic huh?

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The black piece is just the cap that holds the spring and limiter in. Just push the tab in and pull it out. Of course be careful not to launch the cap across the room.

Posts: 1218 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t think 922(r) has anything do with having a removable plug in the gun. The limit is on imported semi-auto shotguns with a mag capacity greater than 5 rounds. Even taking that plug out only gets you to 5 rounds in the tube that comes with it. Beretta advertises it as holding 5 rounds and it does. The plug is just there for those who want to hunt with the gun, and is easily removed. Just take it out.

The reason that Beretta 92 pistols aren’t limited is because the import restrictions on pistols and long guns are quite different.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok thanks, was just thinking about using a screwdriver and trying to remove another part. I read somewhere it was 4 in the tube, well 5 would be better. Thanks for the explanation about the blocker...but why would anyone hunt or do anything with only two rounds? I want to practice with the stock version and see how I like it, before adding a tube extension & light, the AR with light has HD duty for now.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
but why would anyone hunt or do anything with only two rounds?

Because it's the law.

When hunting migratory waterfowl (e.g. ducks/geese), you're limited to 2+1 in your shotgun per federal law. And some states have laws that limit shotguns to that same capacity when hunting other game too, especially during waterfowl season.

That's why tube-fed shotguns come with a removable plug that can limit the tube to 2 rounds. Take it out for home defense or range fun. Put it back in for hunting.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
but why would anyone hunt or do anything with only two rounds?

Because it's the law.

When hunting migratory birds, you're limited to 2+1 in your shotgun per federal law.

That's why tube-fed shotguns come with a removable plug that can limit the tube to 2 rounds. Take it out for home defense or range fun. Put it back in for duck/geese hunting.

Ok thanks, can't say I've ever gone duck/geese hunting, great idea to keep the plug in case I ever do, the plug would've gone straight to the trash can if you haven't mentioned it. But Beretta markets it as Tactical SG, so why not leave the plug out but available for the duck hunters...its just me.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:
The black piece is just the cap that holds the spring and limiter in. Just push the tab in and pull it out. Of course be careful not to launch the cap across the room.

You knew Roll Eyes that was going to happen...pop goes the weasel! LOL

Odd though after removing the plastic cap, I still can only load two, is the metal piece (limiter) supposed to come out as well?

https://photos.google.com/phot...cI3z3MB5mE43FBx9a2Sv

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Your picture link doesn't work.

As am94pm said, the short round black piece at the end of the magazine tube is just a cap. Push the tab in and pull the cap off.

This cap is not what's limiting your tube to just 2 rounds. Once you remove the retaining cap from the end of the magazine tube, there's still a plug rod inside that you'll need to remove from the magazine tube.

Take out this rod, which is pictured below, and set it aside. Then reassemble the magazine tube components, including the black cap at the end.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That rod is the actual limiter and needs to be removed. The black cap is just there to prevent the end of the spring from flying out when you unscrew the end cap to remove the barrel. If you do eventually get a mag tube extension, you will have to leave that black cap out, otherwise you will be limited to only 5 rounds no matter what size extension you have on.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Your picture link doesn't work.

As am94pm said, the short round black piece at the end of the magazine tube is just a cap. Push the tab in and pull the cap off.

This cap is not what's limiting your tube to just 2 rounds. Once you remove the retaining cap from the end of the magazine tube, there's still a plug rod inside that you'll need to remove from the magazine tube.

Take out this rod, which is pictured below, and set it aside. Then reassemble the magazine tube components, including the black cap at the end.

As Homer Simpson would say...D'oh, the rod is the limiter, good to know!! Thanks Guys... Big Grin