SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I think o want a PDF stock for my SBR. Suggestions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think o want a PDF stock for my SBR. Suggestions? Login/Join 
posted
I need one that accepts a stock bolt because I use the SBR for 5.56, 300 Blackout and a dedicated.22 upper. Anyone have any suggestions?

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I also wanted one but settled on the LAW Tactical folding stock adapter, instead.
Cheaper and more functional. And shorter.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
They all tend to use a factory bolt, but thd carrier is different. I have one of the original troy models when they came out. Serves its purpose buts dedicated to that 8 inch upper. Tried shouldering on a 10 inch upper and hated the balance (plus adding in a can, light, dbal). But my 8 inch is simple, just a micro, buis, and an inforce wml. Fits the role I wanted it too.

Cant remember the nake, but someone made a pdw stock with mini buffers too. Let you play w8th the weight a little and believe they used a factory carrier as well.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Is that .PDF made by Adobe?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dont... the added recoil of the short barrel and the odd cheek weld equals a snappy little slap to the face...

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
The shortest stock I could find and use a standard bcg was LWRC ultra compact. It's not too bad for what it is.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I got a maxim defense cqb stock from Recoil Gunworks when they liquidated their flood damaged stock a while back (basically the stock was fine, but the box was ruined...I didn't care)

I put it on a My 18 mod 1 gun I had, and I love it

I don't find the recoil or cheek weld to be a hindrance at all, and a gun that generally sat in the safe when I fired his 12.5" and 14.7" brothers is now top of the rotation

I find the recoil completely manageable and the cheek weld to fire using the aimpoint comp M4 on the gun is perfect

There is a little more felt recoil into my shoulder, but come on, it's .223

The maxim uses a special buffer but your stock carrier group and bolt

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I make no bones about the fact that I am not a fan of the entire genre of "PDW" A3 style stocks.

However, if I had to get one, it would probably be the Battle Arms Development VERT. The controls are well-laid-out, the overall unit is light, and the cheek piece gives at least some mitigation to the strut-to-cheek issue that plagues most PDW/A3 style stocks. Also, the positions are only controlled by cutouts on a single strut and they are ball cuts, not slot cuts, so harder to wear out and get loose.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Another fan of the Law Folder. I have one on my 11.5 AR, makes it small enough to fit in a backpack. At least take a peek at it.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I guess we need more info as to why you want one.
If it's "because they look bitchin'!", then you have a few suggestions above and nothing else but a PDW stock will do.
It it's "because I want it to be shorter for discrete carry" then the LAW Tactical definitely rates a look. The ability to use a stock tube and any stock I want was the deciding factor. I got mine on sale for $199.

Luck,

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post