SIGforum
Browning T-Bolt Speed Shot Show 2019, mini range report added

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/5420094264

October 26, 2019, 04:16 PM
ElKabong
Browning T-Bolt Speed Shot Show 2019, mini range report added
Picked this up at a gun show this morning
Threw a Leupold I had in the safe on her.
Think I may have to go shoot this thing in the morning !

Hopefully this is a shooter, as long as its minute-of-squirrel head at 50yds I’ll be happy.

Loved this rifle when Onsaw it advertised.
Has a spare mag that is stored in the butt pad

picture hosting sites

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ElKabong,

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--
October 26, 2019, 04:36 PM
RichardC
Very nice!

How's the trigger?

October 26, 2019, 06:46 PM
ElKabong
Pretty good, it is externally adjustable For pull weight
Will she what she can do tomorrow

--Riff Raff--
October 26, 2019, 08:33 PM
rburg
There was a time, lets call it 1966, when I lusted after a T-bolt. Took me all summer to squirrel away the needed cash, something like maybe $67. A lot back then for a new .22. Besides, it was a manual bolt, not the newest and sexiest semi-auto. Didn't matter to me, I had a buddy who had a T1 and this was even a T2. Nice wood, nice trigger. Accurate as all get out.

It still lives in my basement. Its moved with me over the years with never a suggestion of selling. From time to time I see them at gun shows. Always priced way higher. The new ones have a rotary magazine, kind of like a 10-22 that Ruger uses. Only that's kind of heresy to compare the expert Japanese machine work to the crude slopping together that the American maker tries.

My only complaint is the magazines are nearly impossible to find and then way too high priced. As a suggestion, by extra magazines and sock them away for a rainy day. Its sad that fine guns become mostly unusable because a minor part is lost or becomes broken. Yes, I have extra mags, stored in a cloth bag with my peep sights and ramp to make it a single shot if need be.

Unhappy ammo seeker
October 27, 2019, 06:35 PM
ElKabong
Got out this morning to shoot it.

Best I could do was just under .5" at 50 yds.
That was 4 shots, with a called flyer.
I went to the local range near town, Mogadishu State Park as we've taken to calling it.

The only table left was last one on the right.

I was sporadically pelted with steel cased 7.62x39 casings fired from an assortment of Tapco shod SKS's and Century AK's with quad rails....Philistines.

The ammo that shot best was SK Pistol Match, no surprise there.
CCI Mini Mags in 2nd, used Federal 510 to sight it in at 25 yds. Didn't try them at 50.

My CZ 452 American shot better than this (never sell a really accurate gun), but I will keep tinkering. Didn't notice any difference on the trigger adjustment, time to RTFM I guess.

The bright spot of the morning was the 700 Mil Spec I picked up a while back.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...170043954#9170043954

Cleaned the bore and put it in the safe at the time.
Never touched the scope, just shot it the way I bought it.
3 fouling shots at 50 yds to make sure it was on paper, didn't really bare down.
Moved out to 100ys, fired 3 in between catching Wolf empties to the noggin.
168 GMM, results were..."encouraging".
This was from a box of ammo so old it didn't have a bar code, no way of finding more from that lot!

I was a little frustrated with the running gunfight to my left,and about the 3rd time the whole range got swept, called it a day.

--Riff Raff--
October 27, 2019, 09:02 PM
rburg
Have you ever bought a box of the Eley target ammo? About 10 years ago I bought the end of an estate sale. It was just about a box of every ammo I'd ever heard of. It was cheap and worth the price just for the premium ammo.

I'm normally pretty patriotic and don't like foreign shit. But I'm old and it was time I tried some of the stuff. It was good. Better still, all of it went bang when ordered. Try that with some economy Remington stuff. Anyway, it shot far better than any domestic shooter grade stuff.

My old T bolt used a lined barrel. I'd never shot one before, except my friends. I was a little afraid it would be fine at first but then give up early. Too late for that, its been 53 years now.

Unhappy ammo seeker
October 27, 2019, 09:30 PM
ElKabong
Don’t have any Eley right now, but have shot it
The SK Pistol Match is usually good on everything
My favorite from 10-15 years ago was Wolf Match Target, Extra & Gold
The lower level Target often shot as well as the others
I used a rim thickness gauge and weight sorted, don’t have that kind of time these days

--Riff Raff--
October 30, 2019, 02:26 AM
smpsmp
Eley tenex shot the best out of mine, but a precision 22lr it wasnt meant to be. I shoot good old cci sv 99 percent of the time, with mini mags being my go to for hunting.

Mine is the standard all black, but cerakoted the barrel and action in fde, the scope and rings also got fde in different shades, and the stock is now camo. I'll have to post a pic of it. Plus the barrel got cut down to 16 and threaded. It's light and handy for hunting.