SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Swede M38 Front Sight Height
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swede M38 Front Sight Height Login/Join 
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted
I have an M38 that has been converted to the 'T' sights. One side of the front sight base is marked with the 'T', and the other side shows how much +\- the front sight needed for correct zeroing. The problem is I can't really make out what the sight measurement is. If anyone has any idea what these numbers mean, please let me know. Thanks.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Been along time so here is my best shot. The base on my M38 Husky was stamped 2 times never did figure it out. My actual front sight was stamped +0.5 and it shot very high with Federal ammo. I changed to a +1 and it was much better. That is as far as I got.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Liberty Tree have spare foresights, but be careful, if you complain about waiting too long to receive your purchase, you'll get blacklisted like I was.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just looked at my Gustov M96 rifle. My front sight is stamped 0. nothing else. IRRC this rifle shot at least 12 inch high at 100 yards with 144 gr PMC ammo. One inch groups, just too high. Perhaps intended for a 300 yrd point of impact? Good luck Sgt, these are great old girls.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post