SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Are scopes like wine?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are scopes like wine? Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I shoot early in the morning, and often into dusk against targets of opportunity that need to be hit for the sake of the farmer's flocks/herds.

Try shooting a $500 scope at the same time as I'm shooting my $3000 S&B and you are in for a real surprise. The 'Acme' scope will show you the outline of the tree against the sky, maybe - the S&B will show you the fox standing by the trunk.

THAT's what most of that extra money is for.

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this months American Rifleman magazine has a nice article about Steiner rifles scopes and what it takes to get one together and the materials that they use.

The article writer actually got to try to assemble one, over an 8 hour period on a sunday when the plant in Colorado was closed for the day .

I can not find the article on line , to link here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54636 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post