SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Remington 870 Pistol Grip Stocks...need help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 870 Pistol Grip Stocks...need help Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
So I just picked up a like new 870 Express magnum and am looking for a replacement butt stock. I was hoping for a pistol grip speedfeed, but I can't find those anymore. Any suggestions on what has worked. I tried a Choate years ago and it was brutal to shoot.

Thanks!

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I installed a SAGE pistol grip, a kynshot hydraulic buffer tube and a CTR buttstock.

The Kynshot works! I shot ten total 3” magnum slugs and sabot rounds through it and my shoulder wasn’t red or bruised. The next day my shoulder was just slightly tender but not enough to cause any actual discomfort.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mesa Tactical offers some interesting options.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
+1 for Mesa Tactical
I have their urbino w/ limbsaver on my 870 and my m4
It's pretty great

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
+2 for the Mesa Urbino

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
https://blackhawk.com/products...pecops-stock-gen-iii

Another option. I haven't tried it.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the Knoxx® SpecOps Stock on my 870 and am very pleased with it.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Knoxx® SpecOps Stock.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an Urbino on my M4 and 930SPX and like them. I have a Mesa Tactical on my 870 and like it. I had a Knox/Blackhawk Spec Ops on a gun in the past and while I liked it fine, the Mesa's compatibility with virtually any AR grip and stock was a winner and I sold the Spec Ops.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Has anyone used both the Knoxx and the KynShot? I know the Knoxx pretty much eliminates any recoil discomfort, even with magnum loads.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took off a standard stock and use a magpul stock on my 870P....

Posts: 186 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I went with Magpul myself, and for me it’s absolutely perfect!

https://imgur.com/a/jqUxXz2

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post