SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Crimson Trace Scope!?!?!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crimson Trace Scope!?!?! Login/Join 
posted
I recently succommbed to a $1000 off at Midway and bought a Crimson Trace 5 series 3x24x56 /34mm tube FFP mildot to put on my 308 savage for dabbling in PRS shoots. It has pretty decent glass and is very bright. The problem is its Zero stop is really funky. There is no way to tell where you are at on the turret and I easily lost ZERO. The adjustment is all internal so the knobs dont go up and down. I am thinking about returning it to Midway, What to do?? Supposed to have Full Lifetime Warranty.

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If it's like new, you don't really like the features, and Midway will take it back - that seems like the logical choice.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent it back to Midway, am waiting to see the credit on my card! New PrimaryArms Platinum coming now to replace it.

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Great!

I've gotten some deals on Midway before, specifically with some Japanese Weaver Rimfire scopes they were blowing out, but they are always trying to blow out scopes that never really caught on and I think that is the case here.

I think you made the right call sending it back, especially when optics are very personal things, both in features you want and how your eyes work with them - there is no use settling (IMO) when one doesn't work.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post