SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Black Friday is over. How many own yet another AR?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Friday is over. How many own yet another AR? Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Have a pistol upper in route, I have had a couple lowers just sitting there for months....they were lonely

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
That would be me. If a AR in 9mm counts.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Once I got to a certain point I quit buying complete rifles and started buying 'rebuild kits' for the rifles that I have. Bolts, springs, barrels, etc. Cheaper, and handguards, stocks, optics, and to a certain point receivers don't wear out. Leaves more money for ammo and it fits in a smaller box. Smile

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
I bought a PWS PCC 9mm.

Ohhh....how you like?

Initial impressions are very favorable. I probably won't be able to get it to the range until the spring.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did pick up some stuff to finish another build.
A side charger with a 22" 6.8SPC for hunting. A lower with a Boyd walnut A2 stock

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I have little interest in adding another AR to my stock, I was shocked to find brand new rifles on the shelf at our local Cal Ranch store today for $429. I think I paid about that much for parts to build my first one about 30 years ago!

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
y’all were more behaved than me.
I have a scar 20 arriving soon..

I guess we'll both be on Santa's naughty list. I got a SCAR 20s too! Big Grin Mine arrived in time for Thanksgiving. Gobble, Gobble!

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
Leaves more money for ammo....

you mean....you actually shoot your rifles? Damn, that's a novel concept.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
Leaves more money for ammo....

you mean....you actually shoot your rifles? Damn, that's a novel concept.

I hope I can wear the damn things out to the point that they must be rebuilt! Big Grin

I have a feeling my 3-gun barrel is going to open up significantly any day now. Some big field course rifle stages must have taken their toll. A few this summer where a full D-60 wouldn't get you through even with no misses. Smile

Buddy of mine shot that stage with a new suppressor mounted and couldn't see the last few targets due to the smoke from the finish burning off of the can. Big Grin Eek

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Just found & ordered the last components needed to finish number 13.
I didn’t have an M4 & I wanted to try doing a battle worn paint on something configured along the lines of a SOPMOD MOD 0.
Just couldn’t bring myself to do it to anything I already have.
So , new build in the works with Black Friday parts.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted Hide Post
I ended up snagging one of Larue’s upper receiver kits and an Aero Precision lower. Hopefully the post Christmas sales are good enough that I can track down a new scope and mount for it.

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought an S/W M&P 15 Sport II. Two trips to the range and two weeks later, sent it to S/W for repair. Safety selector switch is bad. It’s fine using two thumbs and forcing into position but I prefer to use one thumb and experience normal manipulation like normal folks..

When I called S/W they didn’t question it and gave me the RMA authorization and mailing label. Should have it back after Christmas.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was planning on building the lower for my 6.5 Grendel that is sitting at UPS right now but instead ordered another PSA lower today...Magpul edition this time and I promised my wife this was the last purchase .....this year

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:

Arrived today!
Shame it doesn't come in black...
Obligatory family picture:

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Arrived today!
Shame it doesn't come in black...
Obligatory family picture:

Great looking family!

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a spare 11.5" upper and a lower. So I got a SBA3 lower build kit and Magpul forearm in FDE from Palmetto. Magpul rear sight and a Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BillF:
I had a spare 11.5" upper and a lower. So I got a SBA3 lower build kit and Magpul forearm in FDE from Palmetto. Magpul rear sight and a Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot.[/QUOTE

Those SBA3 braces are pretty nice. I bought a PSA pistol with the sba3 a couple months back and I’m pleased.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I considered a new AR, since prices are so low and I had a bonus in my pocket.
But, while I was considering what to get, I encountered a slightly used Auto Ordnance folding stock M1 Carbine for a bargain price.
Now, I have a CMP Inland that has been my go to HD longarm for a few years... I just like the 30 Carbine round and the Carbine itself.
Oh, I like the AR, and the AK too. But the M1 Carbine is a light, fast handling pointer for me.
GI carbines have gone up so much that I decided to give this Auto Ordnance version a try so I can use it for practical purposes and save my Inland.
I put over 100rds of softpoint, FMJ, and Critical Defense through it last Monday, and it worked great. I used several different mags...GI, Korean 15rd, and both GI and Korean 30’s.
Plus, with the Choate stock folded, it is only 27.5” long, so it qualifies for tennis racquet case car gun, if needed.
So, no new AR for me.

If you've never had a free lunch, you are'nt trying hard enough

Posts: 213 | Location: The North Coast of America, Southern Coast of Lake Erie | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I guess I am putting together a BCM 300 Blackout pistol too. Have ordered the upper, lower, brace, trigger, and sights. Might be picking up and MRO for it if I like the one I have coming for my PWS and then I am done. Really.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RobC2,

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P226_operator
posted Hide Post
Does buying three stripped AR lowers for $100 count?

"Make like a Civil Engineer; build a bridge, and get over it!"

Posts: 334 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post