SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who's got a CMMG .22lr upper?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's got a CMMG .22lr upper? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
I have an old Spike's Tactical .22lr upper and I'm looking for an additional upper.

What do we all think of the CMMG .22lr upper offerings? I'm looking at one of the SBR uppers with a 9" barrel probably, rather than the super shorty.

What mags do they use? I see CMMG sells mags, but I have a supply of Black Dog mags for the Spike's upper. Will those work for the CMMG too?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several but all 16" so no experience shorter. run fine. use BDM mags. no complaints.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I built a 4 or 4.5? Inch 22 upper with all CMMG parts. I can’t remember. It’s the shortest 22 barrel they sell. I use modified S&W mags. No issues at all.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I built a 22 upper using a 16” CMMG barrel and bolt. I use Black Dog mags and they work just.

Posts: 55 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I had one and had zero issues with it just preferred my Sig 522 and my tube fed Marlins.
Sold it to a member here. Black Dog mags work just fine.
CMMG mags work too. CDNN used to sell them for 8.99 and I bought a ton as they work in my 522 as well.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Built 1 in 8.5" barrel using CMMG parts. I use the CMMG gray mags and BlackDog 50 rd drum w/ no issues.

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I got the 4.5" bbl/bolt combo for Christmas, I have been reading go ahead and get a RediMag magazine adapter so you can use S&W mags.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I'll go ahead and pick up one of the uppers in the near future.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a 16” that was a jammamatic. I tried everything to get it to run right but couldn’t get through any of the 10 BDM mags without multiple jams.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JG:
I had a 16” that was a jammamatic. I tried everything to get it to run right but couldn’t get through any of the 10 BDM mags without multiple jams.

I bought one of the first ones released in 2007 or 2008 and it was also a jammamatic. I contacted CMMG and they replaced it. The replacement upper works great with both CMMG and Blacksdog mags.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've got their "PDW" upper, works great in semi but I did have a bit of problem with my M16 lower ... they worked with me until we got it running smoothly ... I'm not good at video but ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70PCPLmdeMk&t=29s

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I've got their "PDW" upper, works great in semi but I did have a bit of problem with my M16 lower ... they worked with me until we got it running smoothly ... I'm not good at video but ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70PCPLmdeMk&t=29s

yesssssss

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boonie Packer better mag. Install this and then you can use S&W 15-22 mags which I find more reliable and easier to load than my BDM's.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I use the mag's that came with my SiG522 and Black Dog mags ... I bought one of these to load my 22 magazines. It works slick, just dump a handful of 22's in the hopper and it loads the mag as fast as you can pull the trigger ... its 23.95 and if I remember correctly it comes with 1 adapter and you can purchase other adapters for other mags.

I like that Boonie Packer but I've already got a bunch of 15 and 25 round Black Dog mags ... but if you're starting from zero ...

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I use the mag's that came with my SiG522 and Black Dog mags ... I bought one of these to load my 22 magazines. It works slick, just dump a handful of 22's in the hopper and it loads the mag as fast as you can pull the trigger ... its 23.95 and if I remember correctly it comes with 1 adapter and you can purchase other adapters for other mags.

I like that Boonie Packer but I've already got a bunch of 15 and 25 round Black Dog mags ... but if you're starting from zero ...

I saw this the other day, I see it in my future for sure.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a lightning grip with ar-22 mag adapter, p226 22lr adapter, sw victory adapter, sw 41 adapter. I am on the wait list for beretta 87 t and trailsidexeese adapters.

I have plenty of black dog mags. 44mag.com is closing, but i picked up 25 24 round gen2 mags for 12.99 each with free shipping. There is a 3rd gen mag that has bolt hold open.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post