SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Scorpion Evo and Red Dot question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Scorpion Evo and Red Dot question Login/Join 
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
For an additional $25 Shooters Element drilled out my trigger case weld.

CZ will now trade out your trigger group for a non welded unit at their cost. Details on their website.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
For an additional $25 Shooters Element drilled out my trigger case weld.

CZ will now trade out your trigger group for a non welded unit at their cost. Details on their website.
Yep, that's an option if you don't mind waiting. I signed up for it about 7 months ago, haven't heard from them yet. I don't believe they have started swapping any out yet.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Waiting also for the new trigger..

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
So I finally had a chance to take this to the range. I love this package the Holosun on this mount makes the irons easy to use. The Holosun I think is one of my favorite optics not sure I would want to take it on a deployment. Reading reviews I was worried about the safety hurting my finger but honestly I never noticed it. I think I put around 400 rounds down range with no issues. This will be one that gets expensive to feed.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jdemun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
No riser. Unlike an AR, you'll want the red dot mounted as low as possible on the top rail.

What type of ring is that on the front sling mount?

"Knowledge without mileage means shit to me!" - Henry Rollins

Posts: 367 | Location: Owensboro | Registered: March 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I've been doing a lot of research, and have decided this CZ will be my next buy. I'm going with the pistol version with LAGE folding mechanism and probably just a KAK brace. Any recommendation for where to purchase one? They're all over gunbroker, but honestly I'd prefer to pay more and buy one with a desirable trigger, safety and charging handle installed. When I was handling it, the safety and charging handle were immediately obvious items that must be replaced.

I went onto the CZ FB group and asked about buying one with these upgrades per-installed and caught a lot of flak about how I should do this myself, etc. I'm busy, but don't mind paying for the convenience of an already upgraded gun. So, any recommended sellers?

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I don't have any recommendations but I can honestly say the Scorpion is my favorite range toy. It's started to get very expensive. Good luck in your hunt. I must be the only person that doesn't mind the safety.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
I've been doing a lot of research, and have decided this CZ will be my next buy. I'm going with the pistol version with LAGE folding mechanism and probably just a KAK brace. Any recommendation for where to purchase one? They're all over gunbroker, but honestly I'd prefer to pay more and buy one with a desirable trigger, safety and charging handle installed. When I was handling it, the safety and charging handle were immediately obvious items that must be replaced.

I went onto the CZ FB group and asked about buying one with these upgrades per-installed and caught a lot of flak about how I should do this myself, etc. I'm busy, but don't mind paying for the convenience of an already upgraded gun. So, any recommended sellers?

I really don't think you're going to find anyone selling a gun with the upgrades you want. Unless you just happened into an individual selling one he'd already built. To my knowledge no one is selling them pre-built with options.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna pick up another one sometime later this year because they will finally be shipping without the welded trigger. Sold my first one after I found out it was welded and that they were gonna change the threads to add the 1/2 x 28.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would prefer mine to have a non-welded trigger and different threads, but the trigger is OK for a range you and since. I'm not suppressing it the threads don't matter to me. It's a straight shooter that eats whatever I feed it.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fixing the welded trigger is truly a 2 minute job. The threads really depend on what you are doing with the gun.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post