SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Scorpion Evo and Red Dot question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Scorpion Evo and Red Dot question Login/Join 
Picture of onpointgun
posted
I just put a carbine Scorpion on layaway and I am going to put a micro red dot on it. Here is the question will I need a riser to co-witness with the iron sights?

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No riser. Unlike an AR, you'll want the red dot mounted as low as possible on the top rail.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
Thanks

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Everyone is different... tried mounting a red dot as low as Rogue. Couldn't see without shrugging my shoulders.

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mounted mine without a riser and it works for me. I don't have the factory stock though, I use the KAK shockwave.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Mounted a Primary Arms red dot,no riser on my carbine, works for me.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
Mounted a Primary Arms red dot,no riser on my carbine, works for me.

I was thinking the Primary Arms Micro Red dot. What is your opinion overall? Any chance you can post a picture?

posted Hide Post
I have a primary arms red dot as well. Unfortunately I cannot post right now. I'm still overseas and won't get home from Afghanistan for another week or so.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
I have a primary arms red dot as well. Unfortunately I cannot post right now. I'm still overseas and won't get home from Afghanistan for another week or so.

Stay safe brother.

posted Hide Post
I need my optics a touch higher (right handed/left eyed) and this combo:

Troy Micro BUIS HK style, and an ADM mount for CASV rail. Perfect.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
Vortex SPARC 2 works. I took off the iron/plastic sights though. I'm too old and fat to "operate" so it is a range toy and an unimpeded red dot is preferable.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
I have a Bushnell TRS-25 on mine and it co-witness' with the stock sights and no riser.

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Right now I have an older SIG-Tac on my Scorpion SBR while I decide where to go. It works so well with co-witness, etc. that I have not moved very quickly on looking for a different optic.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Bushnell TRS-25 works great on the CZ Scorpion EVO Carbine. Cowitness is good to go with the sights. Zeroed at 50 yards, this is my favorite range toy. My old eyes pick up the red dot much quicker than the open sights. Toss an old softball out there and you will have a blast bouncing it around with this rifle.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I picked up my Scorpion today and I am looking forward to breaking it in. I was also able to find two 30 round mags for $20 each. No red dot yet still trying to decide what I want.

Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
Will a Eotech co-witness with he iron sights.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Looking at all your Scorpion photos is painful.
Do yourself a favor and consider the HBI short AK style safety.
Added it to both left and right side and love them.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What trigger are you using?

quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

Posts: 2059 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I mounted a Holosun on a QD mount. The iron sights are able to be used under the optic. I haven't taken it to the range yet but I think I will like it.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big_gun_man:
What trigger are you using?

quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

Shooters Element trigger.
For an additional $25 Shooters Element drilled out my trigger case weld.
I had them install the HBI trigger spring as well.
Great deal for something that would have taken me all day.

I also have the Manticore charging handle and really like it.
It is the only charging handle that does not have the bright shiny rod.
The grip on the charging handle is great as well.

Just received my SBR tax stamp in the mail today Big Grin
Paper Form 1 mailed, 6 month 17 day wait.
Tomorrow it's off for engraving.

Best Black Friday ever, my first stamp. Smile

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post