SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Past and future SIG meetups
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Past and future SIG meetups Login/Join 
Picture of heckler
posted
I seem to remember a couple of years ago a big SIG roundup with folks in the forum here.. can anyone find the thread for that gathering?

Anyone interested in running a similar event again?

Posts: 227 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in attending depending where it is.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The 2005 GA SIG SHOOT was legendary.

It rained, everyone's car got stuck and I had to pull them all out of axle deep red clay with a stolen tractor.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
It wasn't all that big, but we had one here in CT in 2005, with lbj himself attending.
Arc was there, too, as he used to live in CT.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Myself and a couple others set up one in Ohio in 2010.

Snordog making fire donuts with my 2" .357mag

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That last shot is too cool.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

It rained, everyone's car got stuck and I had to pull them all out of axle deep red clay with a stolen tractor.

The last one was pretty fun. Buns & bullets. Because there were like 20 people and 1,000 buns.

That is until my G27 blew up with factory ammo.

I'd be down for another. I've got a few more toys I could bring. Couple of form 1 suppressors, SBRs, etc.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too nice for
my own good
Picture of sigarmsVin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
It wasn't all that big, but we had one here in CT in 2005, with lbj himself attending.
Arc was there, too, as he used to live in CT.

Had a great time at that shoot. There were a handful of others but I can’t remember who off the top of my head.

Posts: 915 | Location: Tri-State | Registered: March 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Indeed!

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
We had a meetup years ago when SHOT was in Orlando. It was a pleasure meeting a dozen or so members.

I think SHOT show is probably one of the best events for a meetup because many members will already be there. Downside is it wouldn't be a shooting type event since most people won't be traveling with their guns.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I'd probably make a Georgia shoot if it was North of Atlanta. I've attended Silencer Shoots and Machinegun Shoots in Northeast GA, Machinegun Shoots in KY, but not yet a Sigforum Shoot.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
We had a small one here in NH a few years back. Rounder organized it and we had 8-10 guys show up. Had a really good time.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
We had a small one here in NH a few years back. Rounder organized it and we had 8-10 guys show up. Had a really good time.

Yup, REALLY good time that day! Cool I think we need to do that again....Sooner rather than later! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in one in the Houston area, I just don't have the time to organize/set it up.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Rainman had one two or so summers ago at his place out east of Dallas. We had a decent group

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:

That is me in the blue shirt on the left prior to having a bunch of gray hair Wink . That was such a fun day, not only at the range, but at lunch afterwards.

We should organize another NEO shoot again.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I hosted one years ago at our mountain house. V-Tail flew in with a full plane. We had a blast.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:

Yup, REALLY good time that day! Cool I think we need to do that again....Sooner rather than later! Wink

Definitely. I couldn't make it last time.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:

That is me in the blue shirt on the left prior to having a bunch of gray hair Wink . That was such a fun day, not only at the range, but at lunch afterwards.

We should organize another NEO shoot again.

I'm free as of November

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post