SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Inforce WML Gen 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inforce WML Gen 2 Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Does anyone have one of these? I have the APL for my G19, and I like it. Was thinking about picking one up for the SBRs, but for just a little more I could get one of the Arisaka Defense lights.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Does anyone have one of these? I have the APL for my G19, and I like it. Was thinking about picking one up for the SBRs, but for just a little more I could get one of the Arisaka Defense lights.

I have one I picked up the end of last year when DSG had them marked down to $89. Street price today is around $140. It's a nice compact light weight unit that's easy to mount. So far it's worked perfectly.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have some of the older ones - the only thing I don't like is the lever to switch from constant to momentary can be a little loose and move on it's one, but it doesn't move much / affect function really.

For the price and light weight, it's great.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I have some of the older ones - the only thing I don't like is the lever to switch from constant to momentary can be a little loose and move on it's one, but it doesn't move much / affect function really.

That's my only real complaint with the Gen 1 WMLx, and I'm glad to see it was addressed on the Gen 2s. I've had issues before with the overly-floppy toggle switch being accidentally knocked from momentary to constant.

I have Inforce WMLs on four rifles currently. I'm a big fan of the design. Two of mine are early Haley Strategic WMLs (which are momentary only) and two WMLxs. All are Gen 1s.

I don't currently have any Gen 2s, but I'll be swapping at least the two early Haley WMLs to Gen 2 WMLs in the coming months.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Cool, I think I'll grab one now and see how I like it.

Thanks all!

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I have a 2nd Gen. Inforce WML on my AR. I really like it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
My light came in today, but while I do like it, I'm not sure it's going to work for me. Since I have an M-Lok forearm, I had to get a 5-slot rail section to mount the light. This puts it about 1/4" off the forearm. I can't really come up with a place to put it that allows me to actuate the switch easily.

And Arisaka Defense has sold out of their 300 series lights which was choice #2. LOL

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
What rail system are you working with?

I put an X300 at 12 o'clock on my 11.5 KMR-A SBR and on my 16" I use an offset BCM mount that puts it at 11 o'clock, since my arms aren't long enough to put it at 12" with the longer rail.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I have mine on IWC Thorntail rail mounts. Mounted on the top rail, it puts the light at 11:00ish. Makes it easy to activate with the support hand thumb (or even the strong hand thumb if needed, if you stretch) but keeps it out of the 12:00 sight line. And it doesn't require mounting a Keymod or MLOK rail section to the side of the handguard, which as you mentioned, adds too much thickness for my purposes. Plus, you can mount the light even further forward than the handguard, which keeps barrel shadowing to a minimum.

http://www.impactweaponscompon...daptive-light-mount/

Here's one example:

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
I have two of them, each mounted on 6920s with magpul SL furniture at ~10 "o" clock. They are very intuitive and comfortable to use. Very light weight. Very ergonomic. Use only 1 CR123 battery. There's not much to not like about them and are a fairly good bargain for a $90 sale price. I wouldn't quite feel comfortable paying $140 for each, but I suppose they're still worth it at that price point.

The biggest question that I still have about them is durability. I would love to hear from someone who has knocked them around a good bit to see if they've held up to some use, abuse, and mileage.

I know RogueJSK makes good use of his firearms and accessories. If his early generation models of Inforce(es) have held up without blinking out, the newer models should do just as well or better. They're built heavier and are supposed to resist body cracking that has been known to afflict earlier models.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I've got an SLR Rifleworks ION M-Lok forearm. The only rail already on it is at the 12 o'clock position at the front and back of the forearm.

I already have an extra Arisaka Defense M-Lok Scout mount. On the .300 upper, I have a Streamlight Protac on the same mount. I'll probably get the AD 300 series light in FDE (to replace the Streamlight on the FDE colored .300) and most likely a black one for the 5.56 upper.

FWIW, the WML seems pretty sturdy. I suppose the bail that 'locks out' the light switch could be busted but the rest of it feels 'beefy'.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by awa762:
They're built heavier and are supposed to resist body cracking that has been known to afflict earlier models.

One minor issue on the early WMLs was cracking of the plastic around the mount screw. But I don't know if I'd call that a design flaw. Some folks were really cranking down on the thumb screw, and cracking the plastic as a result. That area has been reinforced on the newer WMLs, but it's not necessary to go all Incredible Hulk on the thumb screw anyway. The way the WML's rail mount is designed, the screw itself doesn't do much to actually hold the light to the rail. It's more of a backup failsafe, to keep the latching lever on the mount from being bumped and disengaging. Finger tight is fine.