SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Added Another SKS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Added Another SKS Login/Join 
Picture of Newf
posted
Chinese military, arsenal 316, this time - been looking out for one and scored this all matching, excellent condition example. Looks to have seen very little use. Serial number indicates a 1970 production rifle.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Nice looking SKS.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4929 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Down here in the US, prices have climbed rather steeply on them, so they're not as much of a good value as they used to be. But they're still fun, handy rifles. I have a couple that I got several years ago, when they were more affordable.

It's worth picking one up, provided you have get it for cheap. (Like you Canucks can, all day, every day. Wink)

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
No AK's for us, so we make do with what we can LOL. This one cost me ~$US220, and that's on the higher end up here - but didn't mind paying a bit extra for one in this kinda shape. Now just need to strip it down for a good cleaning and see how it shoots Smile .

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
At ~$220 I could be tempted by a good one. But at $650+, I'd just put it to another AR.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15289 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
At ~$220 I could be tempted by a good one. But at $650+, I'd just put it to another AR.

About the only thing up here we get relatively good deals on compare to you folks are old red milsurps, but they do have their attraction I must admit Smile .

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
About the only thing up here we get relatively good deals on compare to you folks are old red milsurps

And various new production Norinco rifles, like M-14s and Type 81s.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
About the only thing up here we get relatively good deals on compare to you folks are old red milsurps

And various new production Norinco rifles, like M-14s and Type 81s.

Yes we can still access new Chinese weapons along with the older stuff, and their surplus ammo also - have a Type 81 too and lots of their 7.62x39.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
That thing is beautiful. Nice score!

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Nice! I'm fond of the SKS, rugged reliable rifles.

Should have bought a bunch when they were $89.00 at gunshows... cheaper than a 10/22 Smile

Anyhow, made up for it in spades on other cheap-o milsurps of the day.

Enjoy your new/old rifle!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! I have a Norinco but not in as nice shape as yours.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
beautiful! I've still never shot an SKS, but I really like the look.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
That thing is beautiful. Nice score!

quote:
Originally posted by dog44:
Nice! I have a Norinco but not in as nice shape as yours.

quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
beautiful! I've still never shot an SKS, but I really like the look.

Thanks, they're great little rifles.

quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
Nice! I'm fond of the SKS, rugged reliable rifles.

Should have bought a bunch when they were $89.00 at gunshows... cheaper than a 10/22 Smile

Anyhow, made up for it in spades on other cheap-o milsurps of the day.

Enjoy your new/old rifle!

Thanks as well, and yes we all wish we'd had that crystal ball back when local stores had these, and other old milsurps, sitting in barrels by the dozen's for throwaway prices lol.

Detailed stripped and cleaned it today - it really is in amazing shape, with all parts matching right down to the extractor. And a pic with it's younger sibling, a Type 81.