SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SBR choice for home defense
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SBR choice for home defense Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I went SBR via the CZ Scorpion. It has been very reliable and accurate.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waiting on my tax stamp to go through so I can bring home my Colt 6933 I just bought. That thing is going to be my home defense gun once I get some rounds through it.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Just not the PS90.

9mm isn't a bad choice, particularly with modern ammo. Can't complain about 300blk.

I'd also take .223 for a host of reasons over 5.7, or really almost anything else.

friend was shot last year with a FN 5.7,
pistol, from across the room,
bullet entered his arm just at the edge of his elbow, and exited, with out hitting bone,

tiny hole going in, small (really small) hole for the exit,
he was fortunate, no major artery hit, no bone hit, just a thru and thru,

very minor nerve damage to one finger, and part of his hand,

he was amazed that was all the damage it did, considering how everyone seems to hype up the round, even if it was just a flesh wound (I kid him about that sometimes,,,)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kilyung:
I’m using a silenced 9” SBR 300BLK with Lehigh 194gr Subsonic Maximum Expansion rounds

What upper are you using?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
You could build an AR 57 if you're sold on 5.7 and want a SBR/Pistol build. It takes top-load P90 mags.

I'd assume it could be price-competitive with a PS90, and the SBR'd lower can be used with other uppers.

You can gut a standard AR mag, chop off the feed lips, and use it as a brass catcher at the range since the 5.7 upper ejects out the lower's magwell.

Edit: Photo off the web of an SBR AR57

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post