SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MP5 clones - if there were more choices on the market which would you like?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MP5 clones - if there were more choices on the market which would you like? Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
There are a couple of HK MP5 clones on the market, all in 9x19mm. HK, however, made the MP5 in two forms, 9x19mm and 10mm Auto. In addition, there were the HK51 and HK53 short rifles in 7.62x51mm and 5.56x45mm respectively.

HK MP-5N

MP5-10

HK51 clone

HK 53

Question:
So, given that they would be semi-auto (damn the Hughes Amendment), which would you prefer in a clone with a pistol brace, with a $1750-$2250 price point?

Choices:
HK MP5
HK MP5/10
HK51
HK53
All of the above, plus one in .357SIG and another in .45 ACP

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Waiting for PSA to release theirs next year. Then I will choose.

Hoping it's threaded in 1/2x28 so I don't have to send it out to get rethreaded for my suppressors.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
10mm and Mp5SD likely the two most enjoyable firearms I have shot.

I’ll have a 10mm Clone some day.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Omega is putting out .40, 10mm, and SD clones.
Vector is also doing HK53 clones

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I have a Vector 53 clone and it's neat. I really want a Zenith MP5. I also want a 51, or perhaps a 51K.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
HK never actually made a model 51. Other HK centric companies modified model 91s to mimic the HK53 but HK never produced a 51 from the factory.

I voted for the 53, with a very close honorable mention going to the MP5/10. My 14" barreled SAN SAPR 751 barks a little more than I'd prefer, I can't imagine how obnoxious an HK51 would be. I have no interest personally in a 357 SIG MP5, honestly I'm not much of a 357 SIG fan period. I would buy a legit HK53 or a legit MP5/10 only if HK or Zenith or possibly PTR91 were making them.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
I can't imagine how obnoxious an HK51 would be.

The 51K is just right.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have shot a 53, and it's F*&$ing loud. It does the job, but so do AR's of similar length with cheaper magazines. My agency is getting out of .357 Sig, so I have no independent source of wealth to fund my shooting. I have toyed with getting a 51 style because of the cheap magazines, but if the 53 is loud, I can only imagine what the 51 would sound like. I would love a 10mm, as I have a couple of Glocks in the caliber and stashed ammo when it was much less expensive than now.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Vector MP5/40 "K" Clone. A gun H&K never made. Its a great shooter and easily concealed. Only issue with it is that no one (to my knowledge) ever made a short magazine for the 10mm/40 caliber guns.

Posts: 230 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The MP5 9mm is the smoothest, most accurate HK giggle gun I’ve ever fired. I was especially impressed what it was capable of producing when sternum firing with only a tiny bit of practice.

I didn’t at all find the 53 or 51 obnoxious to fire... but only fired during daylight.

I’d have to opt for the 9mm.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Waiting for PSA to release theirs next year. Then I will choose.

Hoping it's threaded in 1/2x28 so I don't have to send it out to get rethreaded for my suppressors.

Hope it turns out better than their 1911 did. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was looking at a PTR 9mm the other day. I think it was $1800 and here in CO magazines would be tough to find.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I have the Omega MP5 (9mm) with brace and I can't fault it in the least.

I'd love a 10mm version, but 9 is just so much more cost effective to shoot.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
If someone such as PSA releases a sub $1K MP5 clone. I'd grab one. Even though I have a MPX.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Yeah they’re 1911s bombed.

My dealer said he liked PSA’s clone last time he saw it at a show and he was the one that sold all my surrounding PDa MP5s back in the day.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
I can't imagine how obnoxious an HK51 would be.

The 51K is just right.

Who built your setup? Mine started in Vegas and stalled then went off to another Smith to finish it.

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Not mine, FA is a no no in my state, pretty sure the video is from before they legalized SBR. Video is likely from Oregon by an ammo dealer at our gun shows.

posted Hide Post
I sorta want to get an HK MP5 clone and through a binary trigger in it for giggles. I have an SP5K but am not sure I want to mess with the trigger on the original version.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
ordered a Zenith MP5 clone for a friend last year,

got it thru Atlantic,

he likes it, and has a brace on it,

runs like a top, takes standard HK parts and accessories, but then again, it was made by MKE I think

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
There are a couple of HK MP5 clones on the market, all in 9x19mm. HK, however, made the MP5 in two forms, 9x19mm and 10mm Auto. In addition, there were the HK51 and HK53 short rifles in 7.62x51mm and 5.56x45mm respectively.

Just a small correction...not including the prototypes, in addition to the 9mm and 10mm the HK MP5 was also available in 40 S&W...although considering the current caliber trend a clone in this caliber is not very likely.

I've wanted an MP5 for at least 20 years and came close to buying one when the DOJs hit the market, but I foolishly held off thinking that the influx would cause the HK market to stabilize at the lower price point...only to miss the boat when the market instead absorbed them and they continued to increase in value. I'm still kicking myself over that bad decision.

So now I dream and scheme while watching the clone market.

I am primarily interested in an MP5 in 9mm, 10mm, and .357 SIG.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post