SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MP5 clones - if there were more choices on the market which would you like?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MP5 clones - if there were more choices on the market which would you like? Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
For me, the whole point of a sub-gun is to shoot automatic pistol ammo from a carbine platform, and further to shoot the same as your sidearm. So please, Make Mine Nine.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FBHO
posted Hide Post
I have a Zenith Z5P with SB Tactical brace. It's fantastic so far.
There is absolutely no reason to sbr it at this point.

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9mm!

I'll be watching with interest the PSA release. I'm not willing to spend big $ on one, but at or under $1k I might be a player.

I've shot the real deal a number of times so it isn't a grail item for me. I don't really like the ergos of the selector being hard to reach, the mag release and lack of last round locking the bolt back.

The AR is king because the ergos are so darn good. So good in fact that upgraded firearms like the SCAR and many others keep the AR controls.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Do any of the current quality clones come with an ambi safety- which I think needs the 'Navy' lower? I'm interested in getting one sooner or later, and as a lefty I'd like to have a safety selector on the right side.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I voted the 53 because in 2007 I bought a MP5 clone and SBR'd it ... when I got my stamp (62 days later) I was very disappointed and my only thought was ...
Is this all there is? I got it out a couple times but it mostly lived in the safe.

Fast forward to 2012 when I got a registered sear and it was way more fun ... it was closer to what I had expected in the first place, but still it was only 9mm.
Then while perusing through GunBroker, I saw the Century C93P ... basically the HK53 without a stock. We all know of Century's reputation but it was only $650 so I popped on it. When it arrived it had the ugliest finish I've ever seen on a gun, but I put my sear in it and stock on it, took it out and shot it and WOW! This is what I've been looking for ... to make a long story shorter, it did have a few teething problems in FA. I had to change the locking piece as it would jam after short burst, but then it was perfect and I went a head and SBR'd it so I could leave the stock on it without having to find the endcap if I wanted to put the sear in something else ... it didn't like my collapsible stock and I had to get a carrier without a built in buffer, but she's a whole lot of fun now!

I also had a POF 91 pistol and while it shoots a "Great Ball-O-Fire" it's not that controllable with more than a 2 round burst ... but if you want a bit more "punch" that is controllable there is also the HK52 (7.62x39) which was designed by HK but never an actual production gun because the idea was to be able to use any AK mag ... which as it turns out the steel mags are too sloppy to be reliable ... however now we have these synthetic mags that do work reliably ...

The 52 and 53 are definitely my favorites, however I've also added an MP5SD and MP5K to the fold in the last couple years ... the MP5SD and MP5K are made by Omega and they have been flawless.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greyeyezz:

I have the same setup and agree with you 100%.

THEN I added the BFS III... whole NEW gun!

And Rustpot, the Franklin BFS comes with an Ambi selector standard.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
quote:
Originally posted by greyeyezz:

I have the same setup and agree with you 100%.

THEN I added the BFS III... whole NEW gun!

And Rustpot, the Franklin BFS comes with an Ambi selector standard.

Z06, is that the Green Laser only Sight Mark or is it the flashlight and laser combo? And how do you like it? I know they are not on the high end of lasers and fairly inexpensive but it looks like it might be a fun on my MPX.

Posts: 472 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
cfiore, it is the light + green laser. I have had this on an AR and a HD shotgun. IMO it is perfect for what it does best; illuminate and indicate impact point. Being green, it is GTG for outdoor shooting too. I wouldn't send it to a friend or relative in the sandbox to use on patrol, but for HD or general sport shooting/plinking it fills the bill nicely.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
cfiore, it is the light + green laser. I have had this on an AR and a HD shotgun. IMO it is perfect for what it does best; illuminate and indicate impact point. Being green, it is GTG for outdoor shooting too. I wouldn't send it to a friend or relative in the sandbox to use on patrol, but for HD or general sport shooting/plinking it fills the bill nicely.

Thanks!! That is what I would use it for, range plinking. My kids love shooting the MPX and they shoot it well, I think my son especially would like it.

Posts: 472 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
the 10mm MP5s I have seen all look beat to hell. I think 10mm is too much for the platform.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I have a Bobcat MP5 SBR 9mm it had some problems but it runs well now with hotter ammo took a little tweeking.I also have a Vector V51 SBR that has been flawless. Loud as hell though.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve done the HK51 with fun switch, and it is truly a crack in the gates of Hell.

And ridiculous fun.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
would be nice if the MP 10s could take glock 10mm mags..if $ was no object, 10mm all day, but nowdays, 9mm would be your best option

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3315 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post