SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    All twelve torqued...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All twelve torqued... Login/Join 
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted
I pride myself on planning and preparation in most of my endeavors:

That moment when you realize you aren’t the sharpest tool in the shed anymore.

Doh!

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Scope needs to be rotated ninety degrees to the right.

Leupold VX-R?

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Ah. The photo helps. Big Grin

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
Scope needs to be rotated ninety degrees to the right.

Leupold VX-R?

VX-2 1-4.

phxtoad

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Ah. The photo helps. Big Grin

I was kind of amazed you didn't see that Big Grin

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It wasn't there when this thread was first posted, and for the life of me, I couldn't make heads or tails of what exactly the OP was talking about. Thought maybe this thread was just another example of poor planning and preparation. Big Grin

To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Must be a Australia thing?

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Got to tell you I just got off an engine forum. I was thinking someone just put togeter a V12 short block when seen. All twelve torqued.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Ha; I have seen it time and again,you can't get away with nothing on this forum,people are sharp and will call your ass out in a heartbeat.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I had trouble getting the link working for the pic. Smile

Jelly, I too like a V12. Just in the Allison and Rolls Royce sort of way.

Todd

phxtoad

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Dang, 12 bolt rings seem like overkill for that 1-4. Mounted on a 500 Jefferies?

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Just a PEPR Mount on a .450B upper. Taking it tomorrow to zero it. Planning and preparing to, anyway. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: phxtoad,

phxtoad

Fonky Honky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phxtoad:
VX-2 1-4.

Nice!

For what it's worth, I did the exact same thing several months ago with Warne rings, which are somewhat tricky to assemble and torque down. What appeared to be success quickly turned into "Aww, damn it!".

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Somebody dun gangstamounted his glass.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I had a friend who was left handed and right eye dominant that mounted a scope like that on a Marlin 336 and was trying to sight it in. He couldn't hit the ground with it.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Left handed scope? Cool

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who "helped" another with his new bolt 20 gauge slug gun. After boxes and boxes of slugs and bottoming out the scope adjustments he finally figured it out.

They did need to take a trip to Gander for more slugs.

Expensive "help" lol.

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Good thing you spent a lot of time leveling it...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post