SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who do we like for NiB BCGs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who do we like for NiB BCGs? Login/Join 
posted
So am finally looking to try out a NiB BCG based on a lot of the praise I've read here due to cleaning, etc. I was about to get a PSA non-logo'd but then read a couple reviews where the staking was less than stellar and they weren't HPT stamped. So I thought I'd ask the collective what we liked for these? Appreciate the input from your experiences, thanks.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I have never owned a NiB BCG. Nothing bad to say about them.

But JP Enterprises bolt carriers are not just treated with a different surface treatment, they are designed for increased bearing surface and the polish is second to none.

I favor the QPQ (melonite) finish. I have one that has thousands, probably close to 10k, of rounds on it that still looks new. Super slick and easy to clean as well.

Available in low mass or full mass.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer my BCG's MPI and HPT. The ones I like the best that are coated are these.
http://www.gandrtactical.com/B...Ion-Bonded_p_97.html
But if you don't insist on HPT then these from a great source are really nice.
https://www.spicetac.com/Toolc...TO-Nickel-Boron-BCG/

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of the PSA ones. No issues with them.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Choices...

1. MSTN Youngs Manufacturing Ion Coated
2. Zero Fail
3. BCM/Bravo Company

In that order.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a good article to start with: Enhanced BCGs

In addition to that, there are some other enhanced bolts/BCGs on the market (which were not attempts at going after the military contract in that article), such as the ARPerformance SuperBolt.

For a standard BCG, a lot of people are happy with BCM, Brownells, etc.

My oldest and best-running BCG is a 40-year old Colt chrome BCG...

---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post