SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MOE complete AR15 kits (sans lower) for $399 at PSA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MOE complete AR15 kits (sans lower) for $399 at PSA Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
Myrottiety's thread on the soft AR market got me to thinking about building one to keep the newly purchased Ruger556 from getting lonely in the safe (actually I just want to build a lower)...I do have a new Ballistics Advantage lower that I bought for $50 from a shooting buddy after the first of the year...

I ran across this on the PSA website for $399 with shipping to me being $17 for $417...add in the $50 lower and the build with upgraded Magpul CTR stock, pistol grip and handguard for a little under $480 for a mid length...

http://palmettostatearmory.com...e-ctr-rifle-kit.html

With the addition of the Magpul products it sounds pretty good price for a budget build...

What say the forum?

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Heck of a deal.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Am I reading that right?
Everything EXCEPT a stripped lower?

Dang!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
I'd say sign up for their emails, and then wait a few days. They usually put out some pretty good holiday deals, and Memorial Day weekend is approaching.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Those people are pros at separating me from my money.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
Not that this is a real reason, but if you truly looking for a reason NOT to buy that kit, it is from their PTAC line, which is supposedly a step down from their Freedom line. This is their definition, "PTAC products are ready for duty, and are meant to be used. As such the finish may have some cosmetic irregularities which include, but are not limited to, scuffs, scratches, and dings or dents in the forgings that do not affect function."

Still a ridiculous deal for anyone who has lowers sitting around (probably everyone on this forum).

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigP239Hokie:
Not that this is a real reason, but if you truly looking for a reason NOT to buy that kit, it is from their PTAC line, which is supposedly a step down from their Freedom line. This is their definition, "PTAC products are ready for duty, and are meant to be used. As such the finish may have some cosmetic irregularities which include, but are not limited to, scuffs, scratches, and dings or dents in the forgings that do not affect function."

Still a ridiculous deal for anyone who has lowers sitting around (probably everyone on this forum).

The kit in the OP is not from the PTAC line.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Crikey between them and the folks at Primary Arms (which I only realized a few months ago was within driving distance...for picking up in person as many 'on-sale' lowers as they will sell me at one time) I need to check myself before I wreck myself.

quote:

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I've bought a few of their uppers, insanely cheap and run flawlessly

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
I've bought a few of their uppers, insanely cheap and run flawlessly

I've used quite a few of their barrels and bolt carrier groups, as well as various other small parts like springs, buffers, gas tubes, etc.

All have exceeded my expectations.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:

The kit in the OP is not from the PTAC line.

Not sure how I got that mixed up, must have been clicking around too much. Even better deal!

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Its just the beginning... Wait until the July - August doldrums... They are going to be giving them away...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
PSA is worse than the neighborhood crack dealer....

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a really good deal. Only downside is the barrel does not have any sort of lining (chrome) or a finish like nitride/QPQ etc. So it will wear out quicker and be more prone to corrosion. It is priced accordingly though and would be a good "truck" gun, or additional AR.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of ways to get a complete AR from PSA during their Memorial Day sale for <$380 shipped. Both SS and nitride barrels. Buy the complete upper and lower separately.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3447 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ordered these Smile...

http://palmettostatearmory.com...content=5%3a00+Email

http://palmettostatearmory.com...content=5%3a00+Email

I have a milspec buffer tube set...

The build will wear the take off Ruger stock.

$310...Couldn't get it much cheaper unless they were giving them away Big Grin

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I'm trying really hard not to cave and buy that 20" A4 upper they have for $200. Trying.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a nitride barrel PTAC upper and its finish wasn't great but it wasn't flawed either. I've put several hundred rounds through it and it's been reasonably accurate and 100% reliable.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3529 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look what the UPS guy showed up with this morning from PSA Big Grin

Jimmy Buffet

Picture of Chem Geek
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to buy a rear sight as well as a lower. Smile

I wouldn't mind trying that MOE SL one in gray. But alas, built too many ARs recently.

When life closes a door, open it. It's a door. That's how they work.

Posts: 2451 | Location: Riverview, FL | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post