SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sons of Liberty Gun Works value/quality?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sons of Liberty Gun Works value/quality? Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
I’ve got a friend that’s all about SOL rifles. I’ve been looking at them just for kicks. Are they worth the price? What do they do that makes them such a (seemingly) top tier weapon?

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Watch their videos on YouTube. Great rifles, in my opinion. Good luck finding or building one right now though. I stuck one of their BCG's in another rifle I own and was wanting to pick up another and their inventory of pretty much everything is wiped out.

There's a couple of pictures of mine in this thread. I bought it used with less than 100 rounds fired and considered it a steal for $1,300.00. Now wears a Holosun HE530G red dot and Holosun 3x magnifier.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7370024474

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIG228,

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Everything they put their name on has a lifetime warranty, including the barrels, down to the gas rings on the bolt. They will help you with any issue you might have if a single component on your rifle is theirs. The owner gives out his personal cell phone number so you can call if you ever need to.

They've published a good number of videos talking about their philosophy and what they put into their guns. A lot of parts are individually gauged and inspected. Every BCG is test fired. Gas port sizes are selected from testing, and not excessively large to just make the gun run and beat itself to death. They teach armorer courses and stress the importance of proper fit, tolerance, function, and assembly practices.

In my opinion they're solid, no-nonsense, fighting rifles, with a stellar warranty and customer service.

Good luck finding stuff in stock, it doesn't usually last long.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
And if a LE officer uses one of their rifles in a shooting and it's held as evidence, they'll replace it for free.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
SOLGW makes an awesome AR, my only caveat is that they are damn near impossible to communicate with. I’ve had multiple issues with them as an FFL when needing to actually “speak” to them concerning business, purchasing, customer service concerns.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
SOLGW makes an awesome AR, my only caveat is that they are damn near impossible to communicate with. I’ve had multiple issues with them as an FFL when needing to actually “speak” to them concerning business, purchasing, customer service concerns.

If you've been having trouble this year, between COVID and them moving their entire operation, I might suggest to try again now that things are starting to settle a touch.

But their dealer programs and lead times have never been that great. Cash up front, and missed shipping timeframes by months is their standard from what I've heard. Which is unfortunate given everything else.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post