SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Warning about counterfeit OPSol clips for Mossberg shotguns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warning about counterfeit OPSol clips for Mossberg shotguns Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
After buying my Mossberg 590 Shockwave I had several people tell me about an adapter from OPSol that allows the mini shells from companies like Aguila to reliably feed in some Mossberg shotguns. I bought one on Amazon, received it today and went to the website to find out how to install it since the pictures printed on the box weren't all that great. Unfortunately I found this:

quote:
BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*****AMAZON has "Sellers" selling fake Mini-Clips. They disappear in a few days and are replaced by another bogus seller. We have bought 5 from consecutive sellers of counterfeits and they are identical and are fake!!!!! **** The box looks the same inside and out.

We have taken the Amazon link down as customers have alerted us to the fact that Amazon has co-mingled our inventory with that of counterfeit sellers and have shipped them verified fakes. They said it can take up to 5 days to separate the fakes from our stock. In addition we have finally received 2 orders "sold by Amazon and fulfilled by Amazon" expecting fakes as we have NEVER sold Amazon a single OPSol Mini-Clip. Both were surprisingly authentic but naturally so as they came from OPSol Mini-Clip's FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) inventory sent in good faith to fulfill our orders. They had identifiers on them. Our "Where to Purchase" page has a multitude of options to purchase a real OPSol Mini-Clip.

There is a picture on the website of a fake vs. a real one but if you have one and the "S" in OPSol is a lowercase one then it is a fake. The real ones have a capital S. I contacted Amazon and they refunded my money without even wanting the fake one back. I ordered a real one from AmmoFast, which lives up to the Fast part of the name. They ship same day if you order by 3pm eastern time.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post