SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Do I need to upgrade my scope rings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do I need to upgrade my scope rings Login/Join 
posted
I have a Savage Mark II .22 rifle. It came as a package with a cheapy Bushnell scope. I just picked up a Nikon scope and was wondering if the scope rings that came with the package are any good? I really dont have any more info on them and I dont see any type of labeling on them.

I am not doing any marksmanship shooting with this rifle just some ground hogs at a max 50 yrd range.

Am I good or do I need to upgrade?

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Can you provide more information about the rings?

Pics or it didn't happen!

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it came as part of a cheap package and you upgraded the scope, yeah. If it was me, I'd get new rings.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
If it came as part of a cheap package and you upgraded the scope, yeah. If it was me, I'd get new rings.

Why would you upgrade??

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This is what I have. There are no marking on the rings as to who is the manufacturer.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They look similar to Tasco rings. Probably made in china. They're probably fine for your purposes.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw some Leopold rings for $20. Would they be any better

posted Hide Post
The reason you would want to upgrade the rings is to get a set that will not scratch or mar the scope. I would stay away from the ones shown here. But that's just me.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:
The reason you would want to upgrade the rings is to get a set that will not scratch or mar the scope. I would stay away from the ones shown here. But that's just me.

To the person who asked me why I'd change them....^^^^^.....that's why.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post