SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Don't be dissin' that Hi-point carbeen!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't be dissin' that Hi-point carbeen! Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
And probably the best observation: “Say all you want, but you can’t knock that grouping.”
For the win!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
WOW. Luckiest unlucky guy ever.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Yo! He beez squibbin' n sheeet.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen photos of 22lr barrels with multiple squibs in the barrel. I suspect this could occur in a number of brands of 22lr rifles without much drama.

But 35 slugs of 9mm is pretty amazing. Amazing that the barrel didn't have some kind of rupture, or more likely, that the bolt didn't blow up. The shooter must be thankful he doesn't have gun-part-shrapnel in his head, torso, hands, or arms. Granted, 9mm ammo doesn't have the pressure of a 30-.06 round, but I still thing it would be bad to try to confine that pressure in what eventually became a very short barrel.

I have never considered owning any Hi-point, but jeez louise, that carbine survived 34 attempts at being blown up.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a wag, but I imagine the Hi Point being a blow-back gun helped prevent it from blowing up in his face.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
35 rounds of "I can't hit ANYTHING with this gun!"

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And you know he had to do multiple mag changes and still didn't think to check the gun.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I keep staring at that photo … Eek

unbelievable.

Posts: 15847 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I gained a lot of respect for them when I worked as a range officer. People would bring them in, the most neglected, rusty, dirty dusty things you'd ever see, and they'd just keep going.

Though that changed a little, a buddy kept one as his home defense gun, easy for his wife to shoot. He took it to one of our pistol caliber carbine matches, first stage... "Beep", goes to shoot... nothing. Cycle the action... nothing. Again and again. That was a sobering moment, realizing his home defense gun didn't work. (though it had worked fine the last range trip, maybe a year before)

Posts: 21054 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

LoL.. at what point in 35 rds do you realize you are either a terrible shot or There is nothing coming out of your gun?

Posts: 396 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
his brother in law kept saying that it wasn't his fault

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
OMG. Eek

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D4Heavy:
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

LoL.. at what point in 35 rds do you realize you are either a terrible shot or There is nothing coming out of your gun?

When the rounds are stick so shallow that it wont let the next round chamber, or the gun blows up.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspect the real truth is that someone just manually hammered bullets into the barrel with a metal rod. There is zero chance someone fired 35 rounds that jammed and didn't notice.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
I suspect the real truth is that someone just manually hammered bullets into the barrel with a metal rod. There is zero chance someone fired 35 rounds that jammed and didn't notice.

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to actually voice this suspicion. The moment I saw that cut out barrel, my BS meter exploded.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Not I, I've seen it too many times before.

I have another photo of a .44 mag carbine barrel somewhere was well, but I can't find it and I'm in a hurry. lol

Posts: 21054 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:

I believe it did happen. I’ve seen pics of S&W revolvers, including a .357 magnum, with 7 or 8 in the barrel.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

On a delayed blowback gun, maybe. As I understand it, the highpoint carbine is a blowback gun. Hence the pressure being blown back, not in.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post