SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    FN PS90 thoughts
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN PS90 thoughts Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If you get a new one you don't have any choice on trigger pack so it really doesn't matter. To the above there are a few items that are needed to make it usable. It really helps to reduce the height of the optic and the Design Machine mounts help on that (mentioned above for triggers) I use them with several different optics. You need a sling and Urban ERT has been my go to for several PS90's, but I am also trying the Parker Mountain Machine sling cups and I'm pretty sure I like them better. I also have the design machine one and don't like the forward part as well as the PMM one. But still seeing how they hold up to abuse (which is not a problem on the ERT).
I have not touched the triggers and just adjust.
Buy mags (now cheap) and ammo (not cheap) and have fun.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up about the Parker Mountain Machine QD cups. Did you go with limited rotation or 360 degree? In terms of overall cost with sling and QD attachments and shipping, it works out pretty closely in cost with the Urban ERT sling or maybe even a hair more, but it beats it in terms of weight on the gun, and much reduced bulk.

If the OP is alright with it, I'd like to hear more of your thoughts about that setup. More options are always preferable to fewer.

quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
The auto/safety sear was in there through the Gen 3 trigger packs. Gen 1 to Gen 2 was just color of the housing. The main difference on the Gen 3 pack that that the new gray hammer had the notch on the front much higher up than on the Gen 1/2 hammer.

https://fnforum.net/forums/fn-...ger-pack-sticky.html

Fair enough. I was confusing/conflating the FS2000 trigger packs with the PS90 trigger packs. As hrcjon says, with current production examples, it doesn't matter anyway.

As a side note: Jeez, I need to install an adblocker, that forum is playing multiple videos per page and loaded with ads. Ugh.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
its a personal thing, but I have 360 degree cups. I have many many years on the ERT with out issues but I have never liked the external nature of it. So I'm working on transitioning. I think a bit of it depends on how you like to run the gun. I used to be a single point guy for this gun and over time I have converted to a two point as a better setup.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Lots of great feedback. Ty much!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
A little late in replying but I have two PS90's; one black and one Green. I really didn't start to enjoy them until I SBR'd them. It makes a big difference to use them as they were meant to be.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post