SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Benchmark Barrels ... anyone have one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benchmark Barrels ... anyone have one? Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
I got one of the Made for US SiG SSG-3000 (308) rifles a couple years ago, and I was very impressed with it, however I don't shoot it any more because of my osteoporosis ... I need something with less recoil.

I'm looking for a bolt gun in 6.5 Creedmoor, since I already load the round for a JP Enterprise AR I built on a Spikes Jack 308 receiver, its a tack driver and I'd like to build a bolt gun to compare it to.

I have a Remington 308 VSSF and I've considered doing a Rem-age conversion on it, and when I was looking at Benchmark for a barrel I found they make a drop-in barrel from my SSG.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I have one and it’s a fantastic barrel. They have a great reputation and the price reflects that.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No knowledge of the barrels, but wanted to say that I went to the range with my grown son the other day. Was thinking of gifting him a .308 deer rifle. Man, between the recoil pad getting old and hard, and my shoulders getting old and hard, I didn't enjoy shooting that at all. I was surprised at how little I enjoyed that. Way too much kick.

The 6.5 Creedmoor is so much easier on the body to shoot. BTW, kid didn't like the kick either and rejected the potential gift:-0

Anyway, good luck.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Is your Jack black?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Is your Jack black?

Yes ... Yes it is!

The top is the 6.5, bottom is 5.56, which was on on a Bushmaster receiver for almost 2 decades ... I wish the faces were bone colored, but I could only gob them up!

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Sweet, what length are your barrels? I am considering Creedmore for mine, its .308 now.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have only read up on them but they are apparently local to me and alot of top shooters use them for precision stuff. I'm currently considering them for a custom build. If you're getting beat up maybe use a brake or a can?

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I have only read up on them but they are apparently local to me and alot of top shooters use them for precision stuff. I'm currently considering them for a custom build. If you're getting beat up maybe use a brake or a can?

The 308 receiver came as an upper and lower set and the fit was amazingly tight ... it has a tension screw but it wasn't needed.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Sweet, what length are your barrels? I am considering Creedmore for mine, its .308 now.

The Creedmoor is 22" and the .223 is 24"