SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What's your favorite rifle for kids?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite rifle for kids? Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
[IMG]

Wink

"...You just don't lead them as much."

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I started my oldest daughter on a Red Rider BB Gun when she was 6. Moved her to a SW 15-22 when she was 9. She's 14 now and still shoots the 22 AR because she loves it. She's moved on otherwise to a 20" Match AR.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Started my kids on a Marlin 915Y, single shot bolt 22. All adults now and each own a 10/22 plus others.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also went the CZ scout path, love the rifle but son outgrew it quickly. He started shotting my m1 carbine at around 12 and still loves it at 17

Posts: 1702 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Another CZ Scout fan here. I even enjoy shooting it still. The other CZ 452,455,457 rifles are reasonably priced as well. Get the scout, then a cz trainer later on.

The scout could become a family heirloom.

another rifle that the kids enjoy is the Browning SA-22. We like it a lot more than the 10/22s

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post