SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Questions for Tavor Owners
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions for Tavor Owners Login/Join 
posted
Do any of you use after market BUIS or do you use the ones that are already on the Tavor?

Have any SAR owners replaced them with an X95?

Lobo Gunn

We live, we learn, we lead so that our children may become our Future.

Posts: 356 | Location: Gainesville, Florida | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I have the magpul flip-ups instead of using the integrated Tavor sights. they flip up faster.

I have a SAR at the moment. I had the X95 but liked the SAR better simply because I was more used to it, I think.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks PorterN. I was thinking the same thing regarding the quicker deployment of the sights. That's why I asked. Also hoping to see what sights other owners prefer. I have a spare set of Magpuls laying around somewhere.

Lobo Gunn

We live, we learn, we lead so that our children may become our Future.

Posts: 356 | Location: Gainesville, Florida | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven’t replaced the factory iron sights on either my SAR or X95. They are simply emergency backups for my optic and are adequate for that role. Don’t see the need to spend more money for something that I’ll rarely use and already exists on the gun.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I'm with Dwill on this one.

I have a SAR. The built-in BUIS are reasonable to shoot with, and I have enough confidence in the Aimpoint T-2 on the rifle that I'm not terribly worried about optimizing BUIS deployment speed.

I handled an X95 and preferred the SAR, although I know that isn't a popular opinion.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a spare set of Magpuls laying around somewhere.

I had a set lying around as well, so I tossed them on the gun. I probably wouldn't have bought something more for the gun, like Dwill and Maladat have noted. but they were in the parts bin so I tossed them on the SAR.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve thought about putting that manticore rail on the gun that replaces the factory plastic hand guard and top rail with a metal one. Only thing holding me back is that I really like the built in sights, it’s a slick set up and the front post is tritium. One nice thing about the manticore setup is that it rises the optic up just enough that you don’t have to scrunch your head down on the rifle so much

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
rises the optic up just enough

I use the OEM sights it came with no issues, but of course as backups. I don't understand the above comment, if the optic is to low, just buy a higher mount. What am I missing in this?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because the irons are still too low, I like to shoot with both. It’s not a huge deal but it is a little annoying

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
If ever needed, I just use the factory iron sights.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
factory

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Factory are good enough for the IDF and good enough for me.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post