SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Optic for Ruger charger ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Optic for Ruger charger ? Login/Join 
posted
Not a rifle, kinda a pistol, has a pic rail

Trs-25
Primary arms or other 1-4x scope
Or something like 2-7x vortex

I am thinking rye relief is key, but some magnification would be good as well

Any advice?

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
There's a whole wide world of long eye relief pistol scopes out there made just for that.

It just takes a little to get used to them.

Leupold, Burris, Bushnell, some of the older Simmons.. all make worthwhile options. I'd avoid the even cheaper brands.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What cas said.

I've been considering getting a charger myself and have pretty much thought that either the 2x20 burris or the 4x20 leupold pistol scope would be about perfect with a set of weaver quad locks to mount it. Either choice makes for about a 10oz. scope package that won't break the bank and would work well for the range that the pistol is practical for. I lean towards the 2x burris since it has more field of view and 2x is a bit easier to deal with, with both eyes open.

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
its a 50 yard gun. Id go with simple red dot

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holy Huge Pictures Batman...

That is a neat setup, unless of course you bought the laminated stock version and your just out of luck.
OP, mine is just wearing a Bushnell dot optic.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, seem regular on my screen

posted Hide Post
Who makes the adapter for the stock? Mine isn’t a takedown but latest model, Love to put a kak or simalar like you did

I have seen people think the Burris trs-25 is decent on other threads

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
Who makes the adapter for the stock? Mine isn’t a takedown but latest model, Love to put a kak or simalar like you did

Copper Custom Armament

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Copper Customs makes the stock adapter

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
If you scoped it, it would be more than a 50 yard gun. Wink

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I am pleased with a Burris scout scope on one of my M-1 rifles.
That bracket for that replaced the upper hand guard was steep though

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

I'm viewing from my phone. Requires a lot of side scrolling to view the whole rifle pics. Might just be me.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
quote:

I'm viewing from my phone. Requires a lot of side scrolling to view the whole rifle pics. Might just be me.

I have 24in monitors.....i'll resize

posted Hide Post
It’s not bad on my iPhone X

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
It’s not bad on my iPhone X

Because it has a 24in screen too Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:

I did almost the same thing minus the folding adapter as I was going for light weight. Since taking this picture, I swapped out the Holosun 503G-ACSS RDS and put on a Vortex Viper reflex sight. Fully loaded my setup weighs exactly 5lbs. I'm waiting on a Form 4 for an integrated suppressor to replace the current barrel/suppressor setup.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post