SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who still uses the Aimpoint Comp M4/M4s?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who still uses the Aimpoint Comp M4/M4s? Login/Join 
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Screwball:
I run two Aimpoint PROs (5.56mm AR and Tavor). I also have a Comp M4s on my .45 D/I AR.

I personally don't like the Micro red dots. The tube is too small for my liking. I'll stick with the larger sights.

I have a PRO and I have a Romeo4. I like the Romeo better than the PRO for size and weight, but you're right about the tube being small.

i'm curious now about the Trijicon MRO. Heard about it yesterday (where have i been, i know.), so I've not really looked into it too much yet, other than looking them up to check the price, but I heard it's kinda funky-lookin because it's a good-sized field of view but is still kinda small.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have a micro on my bedside gun. Its nice and lightweight BUT I cant stand the 20mm lens/view. I much prefer a larger 30mm view or EoTech size view. If the M4 was cheaper I would own one. Instead I have a micro and several Pro's.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I could get a 2mil AA PRO, I'd jump on it.

If you shoot with only one eye open the FOV on the COMP M4 is a lot better than the T-1, (I've got a T-1, M-3, PRO and I use a M68 at work). If you shoot with both eyes open it's not as big of a deal (YMMV).

They are very rugged, the M68 (COMP M4) get abused every day.

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
I have one with a 3x magnifier on my BCM Recce14 and use it as my go-to rifle for running drills.

Great field of view, amazing battery life, common battery, easy to use controls.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I picked up a used Comp M4 on Arfcom for a good price, and it's worked great on my M4 lookalike. It is a little heavy and there are times when I think about building a really lightweight carbine - pencil barrel and a micro RDS - but I have higher priorities for my disposable income these days. And no more room in the safe for another rifle anyway.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put mine on my BRP smg. I figure it's probably tough enough to withstand the recoil of full auto better than anything else I had.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was all set on the Comp M4s until Vortex announced the Razor AMG UH-1. Now I'm going to wait and see the reviews when it comes out for a comparison between the two.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyAgShooter:
I was all set on the Comp M4s until Vortex announced the Razor AMG UH-1....

I saw that too... thing's like a giant block sitting on top a rifle. I don't know who's designing this stuff but to some degree, aesthetics do count. Confused

Regardless, all other optics will bow before the Aimpoint Comp M5, due out early next year. Smile G@@gle image search for pics

Til then, I'm sticking with the good ol' Comp M3!

Posts: 2676 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I still have a Comp ML2 on mine that going strong.

Never had an issue with the size although I haven't played with the micro ones.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mind is not capable of comprehending this. You are all set on buying the most proven red dot on the planet and a third tier vendor announces a product and you are changing your purchase decision to wait on reviews... I must be missing something.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
With most of my buying days behind me any thing Aimpoint is good to go in my book. I would take an older well used Aimpoint over anything chicom every single day. I do not forsee me buying any new product anytime soon. So older, used and more affordable is my criteria going forward. Having said that the older Aimpoints I have complete confidence in them. And I would/will buy another if the price and timing is right. These units are tough and tested in the field in real world senario's. That is good enough for me.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
With most of my buying days behind me any thing Aimpoint is good to go in my book. I would take an older well used Aimpoint over anything chicom every single day. I do not forsee me buying any new product anytime soon. So older, used and more affordable is my criteria going forward. Having said that the older Aimpoints I have complete confidence in them. And I would/will buy another if the price and timing is right. These units are tough and tested in the field in real world senario's. That is good enough for me.

Couldn't agree more. That's why I ditched the Romeo RDS that I never used.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I have an Aimpoint Comp ML3 on my LMT SPM16 and a Comp M4 on my LMT MWSE. They work just fine. I do not plan on getting rid of them because of some new, shiny thing on the market.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M4 is used on one of my Robinson Arms XCR-L's. It simply works and works and works.

Posts: 137 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dumped them all and went with 1X6 optics.

Bright 2 MOA dots at 1X just like the Aimpoint or similar, with the ability to range out at 6X.

TR

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer 30mm tubes - bigger FOV and I see a cleaner crisper dot with them than with T-1/H-1 micros.

My M4 isn't going anywhere.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Have one on my duty rifle.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread has made me want another Aimpoint PRO.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Unless I was gonna Operate as a hardcore Operator, in a significant Operation.... It is hard to beat the PRO.

Not to say that if money was no big deal for me I wouldn't choose otherwise, but since it is... the PRO is very, very hard to beat,

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Just to add my input, as I mentioned here, I’m not bothered by large sights. If I were going on a trek across the Gobi and every microgram might matter, I would probably have a different view, but sometimes I must really wonder how many people who are obsessed with size (small size, in this case Wink ) and weight have genuine practical reasons for being so. I have had two CompML3 sights for several years and been perfectly happy with them. My agency issues surplus M68 sights and if someone asks for my opinion re a personal purchase, I have no hesitation in recommending the PRO.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post