SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Interarms Mark X with Douglas barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interarms Mark X with Douglas barrel Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
Picked this up at a pawn shop a couple months ago, was gonna make it my beater deer rifle but didn’t get to hunt this year.

It’s an older Mark X action, just a large ring Mauser with a side safety. Someone added an air gauged premium Douglas barrel in 6mm Rem, one of my favorite cartridges.

It had an older varix2 compact 4-12 Leupold on it, but the scope covers hid the gold ring, not sure they knew what it was. Bought the whole rig for $300 plus tax.

Douglas is right down the road from me, that barrel finished and installed is $500.

The stock looks kinda cheap, but is pretty stiff, and someone full length bedded it.

Depending on how it shoots, I may leave the stock alone, that’s about the only thing I’d change out on this one. A nice grey MCmillon would look sharp though.

Trigger is crisp and around 2-2.5 lbs. it looks like the factory adjustable trigger.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
That is a smoking deal before the scope. These are quality rifles.

I had a Mark X Mini-Mauser in .223 years ago that I wished I had never parted with. With quality ammo, you I repeatedly cover groups with a dime at 100 yards. I imagine that Douglas barrel shoots like a dream.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15565 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
is that an older barrel?

don't recall if they still mark them G R Douglas or not ,

nice old school caliber too,

and yes, smoking deal, esp with the scope,

enjoy!!

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
is that an older barrel?

don't recall if they still mark them G R Douglas or not ,

nice old school caliber too,

and yes, smoking deal, esp with the scope,

enjoy!!

Not sure how they currently mark them.
A friend of mines son in law works there, I’m sure he will know who built it about when.
I do know they usually put their initials or something on the under side of the actions.
There is a gun show coming up and a couple of the Douglas guys usually show up.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
That's an awesome looking rifle and you basically stole it and the scope was basically free.

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I have a Mark X that started out as a 30-06, but I had it rebuilt about 25 years ago as a 35 Whelen with a Shaw barrel. Great action! Great rifle!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Heck of a deal looks good as is to me. The 6mm Rem always seem to shoot well don't see them much anymore. I still have an old Remington 788 in 6mm rem.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright!! Mauser! Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
That's a steal! Nice buy.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well.....I think you overpaid for the scope, but the free rifle is AWESOME. Smile

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post