SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CMMG Banshee opinions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CMMG Banshee opinions? Login/Join 
posted
Local shop has a CMMG Banshee that takes P320 magazines. Never shot one, and no idea if the "radial" delayed blowback, which appears to be a standard AR bolt with beveled lugs, makes much difference or not.

The P320 mag compatibility is compelling to me, although Sig factory mags max out at 21 rounds. Still, better than Glock mags for me since I prefer the P320 to Glocks and have several.

Makes me wonder why Sig didn't do this at least as an option on the MPX (I have one), like B&T does with Glock mags on the APC9.

Any opinions or experience?

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one that takes Glock mags, and like it a lot. Runs great suppressed and unsuppressed.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
I have one that takes Glock mags, and like it a lot. Runs great suppressed and unsuppressed.

Any comparison to a blowback 9mm AR?

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Have the upper in 9mm. Waiting for my lower. The extractor broke on my second mag.

They sent me a replacement but I haven’t bothered to fix it. I will wait for the lower.

Ordered both separately in September

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:

Recoil on my 8” CMMG is less than on my 16” RRA LAR-9, even when running a can. CMMG has optional weights you can add to the carrier to tune the gun, but I opted for just going up to a H buffer instead.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Glock compatible 5.5” CMMG Banshee. However I’m currently running it on a SBR lower with ARC mags. I had a blowback 9mm PCC and the Banshee is much smoother especially with some mods.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I don't have a Banshee, but I had a straight blowback 9mm AR, and now have a 16" carbine built with a CMMG RDB barrel and bolt. The CMMG is night and day better. It's more reliable, no OOB issues like the blowback gun, and much softer shooting.

I got to shoot it side by side with an MPX the other day, and while I have to admit the MPX was even smoother, for the money the CMMG was the better buy IMO.

Posts: 8422 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm an addict on these 9mm style guns. I have several Banshee's 300's (and just about anything else that's similar). I have lots of rounds (thousands) through the glock lower Banshee 300 with no issues of any kind. I also own the Sig lower version but really don't have enough rounds to have an opinion on any specific issues on that lower. The uppers are the same. Of course the big issue (this or B&T) is that real Sig mags have much lower capacities than glock mags and are way more expensive. I did try the ETS 320 mags on the B&T 320 lower and they are junk FWIW. I'm not recoil sensitive with these 9mm guns but the CMMG is definitely lighter than a straight colt 9mm or CZ for example.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PHC
posted Hide Post
Buy it, I have the 300 Banshee in 45acp and it is so much fun to shoot. Very accurate and well made solid weapon.

Retired PHC USN

Posts: 33 | Registered: December 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:

Much softer. I’ve been spoiled by platforms like the MP5 and MPX. I want to like the Scorpion but the blowback turns me off. I bought a gently used Banshee and it is much softer than direct blowback.

I’m currently looking for a good deal on a 10mm one. I don’t want to pay the inflated market prices right now.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments - I bought it yesterday but got delayed by NICS which happens a lot now when they are busy on a Saturday.

Yeah the lower capacity of the P320 factory mags is an issue, but my HD guns are P320's so being able to share mags is nice. Plus if I put a MOE-K grip on it, the grip and mag will be about even with each other and with the brace collapsed it's a very small package, and lighter than most other PCC's.

posted Hide Post
I've had one in 10 mm for about 1.5 years, I guess before they got very hard to snag. More expensive too. Mine is fabulous, low recoil, and plenty accurate and reliable.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post