SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Picked up my third Daniel Defense, a DDV11 SLW...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up my third Daniel Defense, a DDV11 SLW... Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
....looking forward to some range time but I'm in Corpus and there is a bit of a storm coming this way Frown I am a DD fan, this is my third DD and I expect it to perform like a DD. The specs are here:
https://danieldefense.com/dani...carbine-v11-slw.html

I will keep it light, adding only an Enforce light, a Geissele trigger (not sure which one yet but probably an SSA or SD-C) and that will be it from what you see here.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I just got a V11 LW recently. Haven't been to the range yet though.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Now you just need to pick a new photo hosting site.

Posts: 4985 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Now you just need to pick a new photo hosting site.

hehe, he didn't get the memo Big Grin

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post

I got ya, Guru.

i have a similar affinity for Daniel Defense.

I just sold one off to pay for my wife's birthday present (a new laptop), but I'm left with three. and I love them.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I've been trying to follow the memo I didn't get lol I use either flikr or photobucket. But thank you to PorterN for posting it for me. Yeah, I love DD AR's. There are certainly other excellent AR's that were on my list, the BCM and PWS were two that I was looking at.

My Sig MCX is back at Sig so I don't know where that is going to go. My only other two AR's (other than my other two DD's) is a SOLGW SML-M4 and a cheap Del-Ton with a few mods. The Del-Ton is my Sig killer, it shot every round and mag that my MCX could not last week.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Bought a V7 Milspec+ last week and it should be here today. Going to replace my MCX. This will make 4 in the safe but 9th DD rifle. Definitely my first choice. I believe there are others that make comparable rifles but if all else is equal then I'll take DD for the customer service and for the company itself. Everyone I've ever spoken to at DD has been very happy and helpful. A true sign of a great company.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

What, no new MCX VICIVIOUS-superBADASS?

Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
^^^^^^^

What, no new MCX VICIVIOUS-superBADASS?

Wink

Cant do it. As much as I like the MCX and the concept. Its time to fully part with Sig.

....except for a German X5 and 226ST.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Not to hijack your post but after visiting the DD website today I ordered another one, the V5S. Going to be my go to for NV use. Amlmsot went with the M4A1 but the mid length gas ssytem won out, even if the rail isnt as bomb proof as the RIS II.

Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
My 3 DD, top to bottom, the DD5V1, DDM4V7 and the DDM4V11 SLW...

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Photobucket memo

Not trying to be an ass but that photobucket graphic is annoying.

By the way I have a DD V3 and love it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drabfour,

Posts: 4985 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
It's tiny again, but I got you again. Smile

That's the older V7. When did you add it to your collection? I have two of the newer mlok V7's. one's a v7slw and one's a v7s pistol. I love em.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I have the same V7 LW, although I've change out the rail to a Troy Alpha rail. I went on a BCM kick last year. Mostly because I didn't like the DD quad rail. Daniel Defense has since transitioned to the new rail. I may have to pick one up in the future.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
Daniel Defense has since transitioned to the new rail. I may have to pick one up in the future.

You won't be disappointed.

Personally, I never cared for the old V7's 12.0 MFR tube. The current M-Lok MFR XS rails are just as comfortable to hold, yet are lighter and mount more securely than the old MFR tube.

I picked up one of the 13.5 MFR XS rails right after they were released for individual sale and replaced an old Omega X rail with it:

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
It's tiny again, but I got you again. Smile

That's the older V7. When did you add it to your collection? I have two of the newer mlok V7's. one's a v7slw and one's a v7s pistol. I love em.

You are the man, I appreciate the help.

Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I am a big DD fan as well. I have an older V5 and a new V7. Next up, I want one of the .308s.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
I am a big DD fan as well. I have an older V5 and a new V7. Next up, I want one of the .308s.

You can see my DD 308 up top there and mine has worked great with all types of ammo. Mine the the V1 with the V2 having an 18" barrel, probably better in the scheme of things.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Yep. I have a DD5V1 as well. I absolutely love it. Here's the picture I took for Independence Day, which, I realized is the only picture I currently have of the DD5 on the computer. I can't find my other ones.

posted Hide Post
Sweeet. Is the .308 a gas-piston, or D.I. gun?

Posts: 590 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post