SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bought a Henry Big Boy .357
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a Henry Big Boy .357 Login/Join 
Back in Black
posted
I used to have a Winchester 94 .357 Trapper that was fun, but I let it go. Decided I would pick up another .357 lever gun. I was originally looking for a Marlin, but the decent JMs seem to be too much money and I couldn't get my hands on a new Remington one to check the quality. The only downside to the Henry seems to be the tube loading, and I am fine with that since it is just an occasional range toy. Action seems smooth and fit and finish is great. I went with the color case hardened receiver. Only complaint I have is the 20" octagonal barrel seems a little front heavy. Maybe should have went with the carbine, but it balances decently and I am sure it is not that noticeable when shooting. Can't wait to get it to the range.

Posts: 1119 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I find my self wanting a 357 lever gun and a SAA revolver to go with it. There is just something iconic and enjoyable about lever guns. I bought a Winchester 357 years ago but like a fool I sold it for something else and kick myself. Give us a report with it after you take it out for a spin.

Posts: 5266 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I have one. Fit and finnish are excellent, and it's accurate out to 100 yards. It's a tad more acccurate with 357 than it is with 38, and I've been able to get it to feed wad cutters. You're gonna love it.

Posts: 6641 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Winchester Trapper 357 but I sure like the looks of the Henry. Hope you can give a range report after having it out. Wonder how it will like cast bullets?

Posts: 908 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I shoot a Henry .357 in Cowboy. I like it alot, but it bobbles on SWC ammo. Fine with LRN or Jacketed.

Posts: 7287 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Marlin (a real Marlin)in .357, but I recently acquired a Henry in .22WMR, bought it used because I thought Henrys were a little pricey-wrong! It is one of the slickest lever guns I have ever handled. I will be getting one in 30-30 as money permits. I hear they are going to offer a side loading option that will accompany the pull out tube loading, if so that's great. I want one.

The Islamic terrorist express: Go directly to Allah, do not pass hell.

Posts: 1383 | Location: Xanadu | Registered: May 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’ve never heard any complaints about the accuracy from Henry’s. If they ever add a side loader to the pistol caliber selections, they will start selling a lot more of them to folks like me that want that feature.

"Live every day as if it's going to be your last, and one day, you'll be right.”
Malachy McCourt

Posts: 11981 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I am a real Henry fan myself. I LOVE my All-weather 45-70! It’s a Hog HAMMER!

Posts: 5737 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post