SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Scorpion with Tailhook Brace - A Flawed Masterpiece (Updated 8/11 towards the bottom of Page 1)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Scorpion with Tailhook Brace - A Flawed Masterpiece (Updated 8/11 towards the bottom of Page 1) Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Dang it M4; now i'm looking at my Scorpion thinking how ugly my hand guard looks. That's a great looking set up.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Dang it M4; now i'm looking at my Scorpion thinking how ugly my hand guard looks. That's a great looking set up.

I ordered it as more of an experiment as I had a pistol length handguard from HBI already, so I didn't need the mounting block. After putting on the K length HG though on I was sold.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:

I ordered it as more of an experiment as I had a pistol length handguard from HBI already, so I didn't need the mounting block. After putting on the K length HG though on I was sold.

How hard was it to install? I haven't looked under my hand guard; any special tools requiered?

I think I'm going to order one in the pistol length for my pistol/SBR in waiting. Looks like I should still be able to thread my TiRant 9 on under it.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:

How hard was it to install? I haven't looked under my hand guard; any special tools requiered?

I think I'm going to order one in the pistol length for my pistol/SBR in waiting. Looks like I should still be able to thread my TiRant 9 on under it.

Not bad, follow the video and you'll do just fine. As for tucking the TiRant up under it, no problem. I had an Octane and an Obsidian under the pistol handguard without issue.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Just ordered one! Thanks for the idea.

posted Hide Post
Cool Thread. Cost me some bucks though!! LOL

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

3) Poorly-designed safety levers: Yes, they're just as bad as you've heard. I have no idea what the CZ designers were thinking here.

Gloves. If you ask them they'll say it was designed as a MIL/LE gun initially and they figured everybody would be wearing gloves so the right side digging into people wouldn't be an issue. Whether this makes any sense or not...well, that's why they said they did it that way.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried the HB industries trigger kit in my new Scorpion and I couldn't get the trigger to reset properly. Pull the trigger, cycle the bolt and slowly release it and it would not reset consistently. I thought it might be something else binding but it even did it with the trigger pack out of the lower. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggested solutions other than going back to the original spring (which I had to)?

The HB AK style safety levers were greatness though! I ordered a set for my buddy's too :-)
...........dj

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
I tried the HB industries trigger kit in my new Scorpion and I couldn't get the trigger to reset properly. Pull the trigger, cycle the bolt and slowly release it and it would not reset consistently. I thought it might be something else binding but it even did it with the trigger pack out of the lower. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggested solutions other than going back to the original spring (which I had to)?

The HB AK style safety levers were greatness though! I ordered a set for my buddy's too :-)
...........dj

some good info here http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=91091.0

Posts: 336 | Location: SE. Florida | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks coanan! :-)