SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AK scope/reddot mount... recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AK scope/reddot mount... recommendations Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
I have one from Romania, seems to work pretty well. The receiver has an adapter built in for the mount. However, the mount does not center the top rail over the rifle, it's off to the right.

I'd like to find a quality, quick release mount that would fit the adapter and center the optic over the rifle.

What do you recommend?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It's an old suggestion, but continues to be a good one: RS Regulate. They use a two-piece mount - one piece clamps onto the rail on the side of the receiver, and the other piece bolts on to that with two screws. The holes for the screws are elongated ovals that allow you to shift the upper piece left or right to center it properly over the boreline.

Be sure and boresight before you loctite the screws into place (use blue). AK receivers aren't necessarily perfectly straight so if you center the sight over the dust cover you may still need to use a lot of adjustment to get the red dot in place. The side-to-side adjustment feature will certainly help with this.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
It's an old suggestion, but continues to be a good one: RS Regulate.

Yep. This.

I had one on my AK in the past. It was a fantastic, rock-solid mount. And it sounds like exactly what you're wanting, since it has the ability to be centered over the bore.

The only reason I got rid of mine is because I wanted something lighter and lower profile. I ended up going with an Ultimak with a micro red dot.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at Midwest Industries QD AK mounts, you were not specific to what exactly you were looking for, red dot or scope. They offer both red dot and scope QD mounts, they are on the centerline also use code WEAPONSEVO10 to save to percent if you get it from MI website.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
scope and red dot different problems. I use the ultimak and the MI for a red dot. been very satisfied across lots of use. A scope I own and have installed the RS regulate and it seems very well built for what it is, but I have not used it for any period of time as I concluded for me a scope on an AK is just not what I want.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I think the RS Regulate system is the best I've used for an AK. I think it definitely allows for the most adjustment options. I use an Arsenal SM-13 mount for my WASR and it works great. It's a little cheaper than the RS Regulate upper/lower unless you can find them used. It's centered enough for my needs.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I use the MI mount and have no complaints.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post