SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Best adjustable AR stock options?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best adjustable AR stock options? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Magpul and others?

I'm interested in AR buttstocks with adjustable length of pull and comb height for position ( prone, kneeling, sitting, standing) & bench rest shooting.

What's available?

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I built a Bula M14 last year and installed their CBR chassis, which uses an AR buffer tube arrangement on the back to allow the use of an AR butt stock. I used a Magpul PRS on it, it works very well.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Magpul and others?

I'm interested in AR buttstocks with adjustable length of pull and comb height for position ( prone, kneeling, sitting, standing) & bench rest shooting.

What's available?

The Magpul PRS has adjustable length and comb. I had one and found that at the shortest position was still just a bit too long for me. I am 5' 10" and find that A2 stocks are too long and A1 is just about right, just for reference.

The Tacmod stock is popular for offhand shooting and run-n-gun type matches but I don't know how well you would like it for bench rest shooting. It has a flat bottom but I'm not sure how well it lends itself to a rear bag. I haven't used one.

The Magpul PRS might be just the ticket for you if the length of pull works for you.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys.

The PRS minimum LOP is much too long for me in kneeling and offhand.

TacMod cheekpiece looks like cheek torture device.

I'll need to keep looking.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I've never had the opportunity to fondle one on a rifle...but these from LUTH-AR look like they are adjustable if nothing else...

https://www.luth-ar.com/product/mba-3/

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
I've never had the opportunity to fondle one on a rifle...but these from LUTH-AR look like they are adjustable if nothing else...

https://www.luth-ar.com/product/mba-3/
That came on my Howa Chassis Rifle. I like it. You do have to tighten it up in several spots (it's rattly until then), but it's solid afterwards.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The Luth stocks are pretty nice.
I have the MBA-1 rifle length one.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 694 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like several Magpul stocks. I like the MOE the best ( hey I'm a minimalist ). Speaking of such, I really love the Mission First Tactical Minimalist stock.

The MFT Minimalist stock is light weight, compact, yet still has a good cheek weld. And it's not that expensive, which is a plus to me.

I have not had a problem with any of mine, I have four of them. Tight on the receiver extension, operates smoothly.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post